Conferencing Calls

E_Dub

Bronze
May 23, 2008
Has anyone else had any trouble getting it to work properly? I can never get the 2 calls to merge. There is always one on hold when I press merge.

kingp

Aug 22, 2007
My friends are often impressed at how easily I can merge calls. No problems here with that feature.

hellspawn2

Bronze
Feb 4, 2008
C-bus
I couldn't get mine to work either. For anyone who has...does the caller you are merging have to answer the call first?

kingp

Aug 22, 2007
I'm talking to someone on one line then i can put them on hold, flip through contacts (or just dial out from the keypad) and make another call. Once the other caller answers, I hit merge, and in a few seconds I have both partys on the line together.

most common scenario for me is.... I have one friend on the line tal;king about where we're gonna golf, then my other friend calls. I put my first friend on hold, connect to second caller, then hit merge calls.

I hope I'm describing this right, because honestly the ability to merge calls is so easy, I just do it without even really thinking about it, heh. very simple, and very cool

E_Dub

Bronze
May 23, 2008
I go through the same steps only difference is the calls never merge. I read on another forum acguy was having the same issue as I am. It was resolved by having ATT support remove then add his Three Way csling back to his plan. I tried calling them today but the wait time was over 10 minutes.

E_Dub

Bronze
May 23, 2008
I talked with the ATT support. The 3 way call wasn't activated on my account. I asked was the feature include on my plan. It should have been activated the day I opened the account.

hellspawn2

Bronze
Feb 4, 2008
C-bus
I talked with the ATT support. The 3 way call wasn't activated on my account. I asked was the feature include on my plan. It should have been activated the day I opened the account.
Thanks ill call in the morning.

When i tried.. I had a friend on the phone and wanted to call another one to figure out our Fantasy draft. Well I put the first guy on hold and called the other. I saw the merge button light up and hit it and nothing happen. It just kept switching the hold off and on.

E_Dub

Bronze
May 23, 2008
Definently give them a call. I just finished trying it out. Works like a charm now.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Here is the conferencing in action. Another iPhone moment.

My insurance agency never got the bank my policy. I told them a couple times to fax it to the bank but they never did. Finally I just called my ins. agent, put her on 3 way with the bank and problem solved. It was great.:)

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I don't have multiple friends.