Configuring Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by bballrob, Oct 24, 2013.

1. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I'm trying to figure out how to configure my Airport Extreme in order to limit the time my children can access the internet at certain times.

Yes, I know, I'm probably a horrible parent for thinking that kids don't need to be on the internet 24/7, and for not trusting them to stay off when they shouldn't be on it. But history has proven me right time and again.

So, anyone know where I can set these time restrictions?

2. snowtrooper1966

Gold

All this can be accomplished in Parental Controls in Mac OS, and its has many configuration options.
    Click on the Apple, upper left corner of yourMac browser window.
    It's under System Preferences.

3. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

I don't think there are any restriction settings on the Airport Extreme. You can secure a Mac computer following Snowtroopers suggestion.

4. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I have a Mac mini and use those parental controls to limit kids access on the computer, but that's not what I'm looking to do here.

I'm trying to limit the times my kids can access the internet through their iPod touch via the AirPort Extreme. On my former linksys router, there was a place where I could go in and enter the MAC address of any given device and then set the hours that specific device could access the internet via the router. That is what I'm looking to do here.

Sent using iCafe app

5. Badfishy

Badfishy Contributor
    Bronze

You can limit access through the router using the Airport Utility on your Mac or iDevice. Airport Utility is available as an app through the App Store and the setting is in "advanced" then "access control."