Confirmed: Apple Componet AV Cable works with iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iphonecrazyy

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
So the Apple Componet AV Cable works with the iPhone, just got mine in the mail today. The problem is the picture isn't great. I tried it on our 58" plasma and was really unhappy. Nearly unwatchable. I will try it on our smaller tv later.

Audio is perfect. Anyways go order yours cause it works!:laugh2:

mokeiko

Jul 4, 2007
Thanks for that information. What do you mean by the quality of the picture? Could you post a screen shot of your tv with a video playing through the iPhone.

From what I understand, signals from the iPhone may look really great with regular non-HD tv sets with 480 lines. Being that HD is 720 and 1080, I could see how viewing videos with the iPhone would look not too good.

mokeiko

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
This is exactly why these cables should have been Composite instead of Component, it's just unnecessary to use Component given the iPhone's output capabilities.

The logic is maddening, the amount of TVs you could actually use this thing on when traveling is effectively cut down to the "the big screen in the hotel bar" as your only option. I travel a lot and Composite have finally saturated the market to make conveniences like this CONVENIENT.

/crossing fingers for a 3rd party solution

mobilehavoc

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
So the Apple Componet AV Cable works with the iPhone, just got mine in the mail today. The problem is the picture isn't great. I tried it on our 58" plasma and was really unhappy. Nearly unwatchable. I will try it on our smaller tv later.

Can you provide some more details...the only thing that is output to the screen is the video during video playback right? Nothing else...what about YouTube video? Anything in Safari? Coverflow?

It won't look good on an HDTV but it can't be that bad can it?

Norwest

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
They have both composite and component cables. I got the component by mistake and played a iTunes movie on my HD70 projector to a 92" screen and it looked great.

I think the issue is the quality of compression.

The movie trailers that I had downloaded from iTunes looked horrible, pixleated etc. With that said, I think the quality with iTunes movies will be really good and the other stuff unwatchable.

Fine with me as that's what I bought the cable for to watch iTunes movies.

YouTube videos and Internet videos are not going to be of the same quality.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL

...let know when how the picture gets...where did you purchase the cable..