Confirmed downgrade of 1.1.1

ACIDMX

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Honolulu
Im not really sure whats going on with mine lol

I guess it thinks its activated? I really don't know. I just want my wifi back.

For $400 just being able to take pictures and listen to music doesn't cut it for me.

Bilal

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Im not really sure whats going on with mine lol

I guess it thinks its activated? I really don't know. I just want my wifi back.

For $400 just being able to take pictures and listen to music doesn't cut it for me.
Wtf you messed up. Follow the instructions exactly and YOU NEED APPTAP TO FIX THE ERRORS(I THINK?)

pn.md

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Does anyone know if you can go back from using iTunes 7.4.2?
I've tried some methods of going back, and no luck. Keep getting "Error Code 1", what ever that means.
ERROR CODE 1: Many people are going to get this. I got error 1 twice then iTunes restored to 1.1.1. Afterwards, I tried it again and iTunes allowed a 1.0.2 restore. iTunes will start saying Restoring, verifying software, and installing firmware. Good Luck.

southpawace024

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Took me like 6 Tries

No kidding...it really took me like 6 tries and 3 "re-udates" to the 1.1.1.....But there is hope for those who try to down grade to 1.0.2 and can't seem to get the hang of it at first.

I am installing installer right NOW...i can't wait to have my mods back! Thanks to the people that figured this all out.

NOTE TO SELF: DO NOT UPDATE WITHOUT WAITING!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
No kidding...it really took me like 6 tries and 3 "re-udates" to the 1.1.1.....But there is hope for those who try to down grade to 1.0.2 and can't seem to get the hang of it at first.

I am installing installer right NOW...i can't wait to have my mods back! Thanks to the people that figured this all out.

NOTE TO SELF: DO NOT UPDATE WITHOUT WAITING!
Now this is the kind of first-post I like to see.

Welcome to EIP!

--
Mike

southpawace024

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Now this is the kind of first-post I like to see.

Welcome to EIP!

--
Mike
Thanks Mike. I had to say something...I mean I have been reading a lot of the posts on various topics on this site and a lot of people just b!t@h about everything. Sometimes, I truly think that most iPhone owners on this site are 5 year old fat kids that complain JUST TO COMPLAIN. But Mike....you seem to have it all under control.

Thanks again for the props.

jdelco

Sep 28, 2007
Ahh

Ive been doing everything to spec and now my iPhone screen is at the 1.1.1. restore screen and all green while ibrikr is runnning.... is this normal?

Prelector

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
For those that have done this, couple of questions:

1 - I see mention of using AppTap as a required part of the process. I assume you're able to download/install during this process? It will still work if it wasn't on there to begin with, right (meaning restore isn't putting back on for you)?

2 - Once you're all done with the process, can you then do a standard Restore to Factory, removing AppTap and all mods/jailbreaking/etc? Will the unit be totally back to factory at that point?

While I'd love to remove 1.1.1 from my device, I don't particularly need any of the current 3P apps, and don't want to go from Apple's required software, to AppTap (or some other) required software in it's place :)

KUDDOS! To those who figured this process out, and passed it on though! This is a HUGE 1-finger Salute to Steve and the rest of Apple :)

Bilal

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
For those that have done this, couple of questions:

1 - I see mention of using AppTap as a required part of the process. I assume you're able to download/install during this process? It will still work if it wasn't on there to begin with, right (meaning restore isn't putting back on for you)?

2 - Once you're all done with the process, can you then do a standard Restore to Factory, removing AppTap and all mods/jailbreaking/etc? Will the unit be totally back to factory at that point?

While I'd love to remove 1.1.1 from my device, I don't particularly need any of the current 3P apps, and don't want to go from Apple's required software, to AppTap (or some other) required software in it's place :)

KUDDOS! To those who figured this process out, and passed it on though! This is a HUGE 1-finger Salute to Steve and the rest of Apple :)
The first time i ran apptap it just booted to a factory 1.0.2 phone.
I to restart and run apptap a second time to get the installer.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
The first time i ran apptap it just booted to a factory 1.0.2 phone.
I to restart and run apptap a second time to get the installer.
I am fairly certain that is what I had to do too. At the time I was in shock after finding out that this was possible and everything is kinda blurry.

--
Mike

ACIDMX

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Honolulu
Wtf you messed up. Follow the instructions exactly and YOU NEED APPTAP TO FIX THE ERRORS(I THINK?)

No I didn't mess up because its working but I have no wifi and cant listen to music through the speaker ........?!?!

Bilal

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
No I didn't mess up because its working but I have no wifi and cant listen to music through the speaker ........?!?!
Restore to 1.1.1 and try again i suppose. This time follow the directions exactly.

pierce the veil

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
i cant get this to work. When i do the reset and keep holding the home button, nothing happens. how long should it be held for? and is the iPhones screen supposed to blank the whole time?

Bilal

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
i cant get this to work. When i do the reset and keep holding the home button, nothing happens. how long should it be held for? and is the iPhones screen supposed to blank the whole time?
Screen is blank. HOld both for 10 seconds. And then let go of reset button and keep pressing the home button.

pierce the veil

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
yeah i tried it with both iTunes open, and also with it closed.

Bilal

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
yeah i tried it with both iTunes open, and also with it closed.
Ok when you are only holding down the home button does your iTunes recognize your phone after a while. If it does then that is when you stop pushing the home button.