Confirmed: iPhone to go on sale at 8am

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
It says on the iReady checklist that unlimited texting is $30 a month.

Ok so the unlimited text does not come with data correct? I know the iPhone had its own data plan but since unlimited messaging has mms messages with it, my other phones on the family plan are able to send mms messages but will that mean they need an additional data plan in order to avoid data overage charges?

Jmusiq

Jun 25, 2008
Thanks! i was kinda disappointed earlier cause i talked to a sales rep at ATT and he said they wont be able to sell the phone till later in the afternoon around 3pm to 5pm. can't wait.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Does this mean they will go on sale at 8am at the Apple Store too do you think?

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
question, AT&T is selling iPhones at 8 am, what about Apple stores? Same time or later? Also I am getting one for my dad too, he already had AT&T, contract is up for him. Can I get the phone for him or does he have to be there?

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
question, AT&T is selling iPhones at 8 am, what about Apple stores? Same time or later? Also I am getting one for my dad too, he already had AT&T, contract is up for him. Can I get the phone for him or does he have to be there?
i think i saw somewhere that the iPhone will be 1 per customer in line...so your dad will have to be there to get one

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
For those of you wondering if you qualify for an upgrade, just go to att.com and log into your account. From there, click on "upgrade phone" and it will show your upgrade eligibility status. Obviously if you already own an iPhone, you qualify for the upgrade, so this is for those who are on AT&T with a different phone.

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
For those of you wondering if you qualify for an upgrade, just go to att.com and log into your account. From there, click on "upgrade phone" and it will show your upgrade eligibility status. Obviously if you already own an iPhone, you qualify for the upgrade, so this is for those who are on AT&T with a different phone.

I just called AT&T (yeah, I know they all tell you something different), but you "obviously if you already have a v1 phone you are eligible for an upgrade" comment according to them is false.

You are only eligible for the upgrade price if you have been a customer with them long enough to get an upgrade price. At least that is what they are telling me. I bought a V1 phone in Jan 2008, I'm told now that I will have to pay a full $499 for the non-upgrade price for a 16gb 3G V2 iPhone. I'm currently an AT&T iPhone subscriber.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm hoping that the Apple stores will be opening at 8 AM as well, however, most malls do not open until 10 AM so I wonder if that is going to be the time that the Apple stores will start to sell the phones. If so, I'll be at an AT&T store for sure.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I'm hoping that the Apple stores will be opening at 8 AM as well, however, most malls do not open until 10 AM so I wonder if that is going to be the time that the Apple stores will start to sell the phones. If so, I'll be at an AT&T store for sure.
What about AT&T stores not in a mall?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
What about AT&T stores not in a mall?
Well most of the Corporate AT&T stores (ie, the ones that will have the iPhone 3G) are going to be standalone outside of the mall. I know that there are also Corporate stores inside some malls so I'm not sure how that's going to work out.

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
Well the $299 is the discounted price...

"Existing AT&T customers who are not currently eligible for an upgrade discount can purchase iPhone 3G for $399 for the 8GB model or $499 for the 16GB model."

there are 2 different discounts mentioned...the $299 upgrade discount and the one i quoted above.

its probably best to talk to someone at AT&T who can look at your account and tell you for sure.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
I just called AT&T (yeah, I know they all tell you something different), but you "obviously if you already have a v1 phone you are eligible for an upgrade" comment according to them is false.

You are only eligible for the upgrade price if you have been a customer with them long enough to get an upgrade price. At least that is what they are telling me. I bought a V1 phone in Jan 2008, I'm told now that I will have to pay a full $499 for the non-upgrade price for a 16gb 3G V2 iPhone. I'm currently an AT&T iPhone subscriber.
I would call another location bro. The video clearly says that if you purchased the V1 iPhone before July 11th, you are eligible for the upgrade. Ive talked to several att stores in my area and they have all agreed with that. Who knows if there has been a memo sent out or what.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Mall stores can get the OK to open early for special occasions. If this 8AM thing is true, then I am sure Apple will open at that time too.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I called an ATT store before I saw this post, and they also said 8am, and are expecting campers as well, with plans to sell out that day.

miss tara

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
La la land, Tx
I'm sorry,I don't get it...so if I walk in there as a new customer n sign a 2 year contract will I be able 2 get it for $199 or do I have 2 pay full price? Thanks! Sorry! I'm just plain dumb