Confirmed: iPhone to go on sale at 8am

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm sorry,I don't get it...so if I walk in there as a new customer n sign a 2 year contract will I be able 2 get it for $199 or do I have 2 pay full price? Thanks! Sorry! I'm just plain dumb
New customers will get the good price with no problem at all.

blewis1984

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
So texting isn't included in "unlimited data"?

That's dumb.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
If you have v1 you are automatically eligible for the upgrade.
Only if your data plan is current on your account. Just having an iPhone in your hand won't guarantee the subsidized pricing on the iPhone 3G.

mythrowbacknikes

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
Okay. I don't know if im not understanding because its too difficult for me, or because its too early in the morning where I am, but, right now, im not eligible for an upgrade, but on my AT&T account online, it says

"This line is eligible for equipment discount pricing when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. You can also take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option. All iPhone purchases require a 2-year service commitment."

So does that mean, I can buy the new iPhone for $299, if I get the 2 year contract?

No, I have CONFIRMED that this "This line is eligible for equipment discount pricing when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. You can also take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option. All iPhone purchases require a 2-year service commitment." means that you will be able to buy the new 3G iPhone for 199/299.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
No, I have CONFIRMED that this "This line is eligible for equipment discount pricing when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. You can also take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option. All iPhone purchases require a 2-year service commitment." means that you will be able to buy the new 3G iPhone for 199/299.
Ohh, well then thats great news! Thanks! :laugh2:
But, how did you confirm this?

Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu
damn. i am really disappointed that AT&T did not include 200 text messages in each voice plan as they do for the 1st gen iPhone plans. they really just want to wring every last dollar out of us, don't they?

yeah AT&T are the worst even their customer service folks don't know ish half the time.... and there not 24HR like TmOblie

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The fact that AT&T doesn't have 24 hr tech support and such is a bit annoying but people have to sleep sometime I suppose. They have decent hours and I've never really had an issue with their customer service being poor.

I feel the same Honda...

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
yeah AT&T are the worst even their customer service folks don't know ish half the time.... and there not 24HR like TmOblie
Well, T-Mobile can have a 1 person PM staff to handle their call/subscriber call volume ;)

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
And why are all of AT&T's customer service reps black? I'm not trying to be racist, just something I noticed so I am curious. Are they against hiring white people or something?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
And why are all of AT&T's customer service reps black? I'm not trying to be racist, just something I noticed so I am curious. Are they against hiring white people or something?
Hey, I spoke with one today--a supervisor--and he WAS black. Weird, huh? Oh well, he was cool and polite, that's all I ask for.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Customer service could very well be in another country.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
And why are all of AT&T's customer service reps black? I'm not trying to be racist, just something I noticed so I am curious.
How did you know that?

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Quite right. Every time i used to all AOL customer service the call was outsourced to India. Really annoying.
Yeah, it's very sad. My friend was the manager sent to train the first call center there. When he returned he found he had trained his replacement and was looking for a job. Still a bitter AOL story for me. :(