Confirmed iPhone works with Alpine car stereo iPod hookup

Wintrmte

Jul 20, 2007
I just installed a new Alpine 9885 with the iPod cable, Bluetooth & Sirius setup. Like other folks, the head unit sees the music, but the sound comes out the iPhone. :(

Jul 15, 2007
same problem here, i can control the iPhone with the headunit but the sound plays through the iPhone speaker. On my Pioneer headunit in my truck it works perfect but on the Alpine on my golfcart i cant seem to get it to work. Anyone found a fix yet?

I just installed a new Alpine 9885 with the iPod cable, Bluetooth & Sirius setup. Like other folks, the head unit sees the music, but the sound comes out the iPhone. :(

Jul 24, 2007
I am saddened by all of this happiness. I have a CDA-9857 with the iPod connector. Everything works except when a call comes in I get a horrible static/interference sound through my stereo speakers. My buddy has the same setup and he gets the noise too. Are you all running custome speaker/amp setups or are you running the headunit off of your factory speakers?

Jul 1, 2007
I am saddened by all of this happiness. I have a CDA-9857 with the iPod connector. Everything works except when a call comes in I get a horrible static/interference sound through my stereo speakers. My buddy has the same setup and he gets the noise too. Are you all running custome speaker/amp setups or are you running the headunit off of your factory speakers?
Im running custom setup with speakers/amps and I get that static bad too - I don't use it in the car anymore though after installing my carpc with 60 gigs of music :cool:

Jul 24, 2007
NICE! Yes I am no longer using the iPhone in the car either. I just leave my nano hooked up. However a 60GB carPC sounds more fun then a silly 'ol nano.

Captricky

Aug 2, 2007
Mine did this a couple of weeks ago when I first tried it. I updated to v1.01 of the software yesterday and just tried the iPhone again with my 9885 and everything works perfectly. While connected all displays work except the iPod, which shows 'Accessory Attached'.

There is about a minute long delay after I connect it while the head unit displays 'Searching' but after that it all works, inluding the fade out and resume on Bluethooth calls.