Confirmed: Micro-SIM to Nano-SIM cutting

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
Hi guys,

Posting this topic to confirm that cutting a Micro-SIM to a Nano-SIM works! I cannot confirm if LTE is working yet, as I can only get 3G out in my area anyways. I'll drive closer to the city after restoring my old phone data to my new iPhone 5 to see if I can still get an LTE connection on my chopped-up Micro-SIM.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
So apparently the SIM card does matter. My chopped-up card only goes up to 3G while my nano-SIM can get LTE.
As far as I know it's not the SIM card; it's the hardware in the phone. This type of unlock does not support LTE, even if LTE is available in the area.

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
As far as I know it's not the SIM card; it's the hardware in the phone. This type of unlock does not support LTE, even if LTE is available in the area.
Verizon iPhone 5s come unlocked for use with AT&T using an AT&T nanosim card. You can't access AT&T's LTE network, but everything else is there.
The phone is locked to Bell, a Canadian carrier with LTE. The SIM card attempted was a Bell Micro-SIM. They don't sell CDMA-enabled iPhones in Canada, as all carriers are GSM, and are all on the same frequencies that the iPhone can use.