Confirmed Ringtones on iTunes 7.3

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Doing a little bit of surfing and found that the rumors are true, Apple will be allowing ringtones through iTunes.

Here is a link to the article: http://www.macrumors.com/2007/06/27/itunes-7-3-with-custom-ringtones/

I still wont pay for ringtones, thats ridiculous but for those who don't like making or modding them its a start.
Have you looked at that date? This is a 5 week old rumor that has had zero support for it. I remember this rumor days before iday...it is crap.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
I aint paying for it lol...I will just stick with my iPhoneringtonemaker XD..have full songs as Ringtones is a bit odd, but cool lol

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
its bound to come soon. Apple will sell ringtones through iTunes i am sure. it could come as soon as tomorrow, but i think that event will be for the new imac. they could release ringtones through a press release, though. i just want ichat......so badly.

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Okay you skeptics are hard to please. I found it on more then one site, they have the screen shots and there is more you can find that proves that they will have ringtones. Although the support for the iPhone may come after the release, the release of the iTunes ring tones is first for other phones.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Okay you skeptics are hard to please. I found it on more then one site, they have the screen shots and there is more you can find that proves that they will have ringtones. Although the support for the iPhone may come after the release, the release of the iTunes ring tones is first for other phones.
Dude, there is no proof that it will have ringtones. If there is, show us this proof...not links to rumor sites.

Just because there was a ringtones tab in the iTunes shown at Macworld does not prove that we will get it.

Of course, most of us think it will happen, but there is still no proof.

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
I will not spend a single dime if steve were to say that we need to purchase ringtones...why the hell does steve thinks that we need to buy every stupid feature he comes out with for ipods and iPhones....99% of phones and mp3 players out there don't require purcased crap from iTunes...if this were to happen i will definatley hate Apple and sell my iPhone. this is bull....:mad:

who ever buys ringtones or songs has no freak'n brains...there is "limewire" for songs you know..:p

mike3141

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
iTunes already has ringtones--the only trick is that you have to have one of the Motorola phones that supports downloading from itunes--such as the ROKR.

The "Ringtones" tab that appeared at the announcement was probably because Apple was using a copy of iTunes that had minimal iPhone support hacked into it. Since the only previous phone support in iTunes was for the ROKR, it still showed the "Ringtones" tab for it.

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
iTunes already has ringtones--the only trick is that you have to have one of the Motorola phones that supports downloading from itunes--such as the ROKR.

The "Ringtones" tab that appeared at the announcement was probably because Apple was using a copy of iTunes that had minimal iPhone support hacked into it. Since the only previous phone support in iTunes was for the ROKR, it still showed the "Ringtones" tab for it.
i don't think the rokr had a ring tone tab...did it? i had a razr v3i with iTunes and it certainly didn't have a rintones tab.

mike3141

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
I could have sworn that I read a message from someone here (or on Apple's site) who claimed they had one of the iTunes phones and that they could use iTunes to fabricate ringtones by selecting up to 30-second samples of their iTunes library and then saving it as a ringtone.

But then again I may have dreamed it......:sick:

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
I could have sworn that I read a message from someone here (or on Apple's site) who claimed they had one of the iTunes phones and that they could use iTunes to fabricate ringtones by selecting up to 30-second samples of their iTunes library and then saving it as a ringtone.

But then again I may have dreamed it......:sick:
you can...but you have to use iFuntastic to upload them to the phone. i have yet to get that to work and i hate having to restore each time when the program screws up my iPhone's capacity.

i just hope we get that ability soon. i'll give it till october before i get really pissed. get leopard out of the door.

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
who ever buys ringtones or songs has no freak'n brains...there is "limewire" for songs you know..:p
KATRA, you are what is wrong with America. take take take and give nothing back.[/quote]

ok buddy...who the hell doesn't like free stuff...?

you are telling me that if some one offers you all the song you want for free, you wouldn't take the offer?.

that wouldn't be to wise you know...:p

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
it's not called "stealing" it's called "sharing" ..and that's what we all do in this forum ...right?:p