conflict resolver

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
so today when syncing my iPhone i noticed something ive never seen. when i plugged it in, a pop up said "You have 1 new conflict" and gave me the option to view now or view later. When i viewed it, it asked me to select which version of an iCal event was correct and was very easy to pick whether the info on my iPhone or my mac was correct. usually ive noticed the box that just shows the amount of changes being made, but never a resolver like that.

is this new?

LauraBee

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Napa, CA
www.flyingcolorstattoo.com
conflicts=duplicates. HELP!

Well after trying it with bookmarks, and getting the ugly dialog that tells me how many changes are being made, i realized this must just be something related to changes in iCal.

I really did like how easy it was though.
What I'm having issues with is that I'm ending up with two or three duplicates of contacts or appointments...I've had three different resolve-with options: iPhone, iCal or .mac... It doesn't seem to matter which one I choose I STILL get duplicates. :(

I'm syncing my iPhone with two different macs, I'm sure that's it, but one is at home and one is at my shop and I want to be able to add an appointment on any of the three and just have it show up once. Any tips?

LauraBee

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Napa, CA
www.flyingcolorstattoo.com
Hmm

maybe you could create a ical calendar and put it online using .mac and subscribe to it at the computer you sync to at home. that way you can add from anywhere and see everything on the comp u sync with.
I have about 25 calendars for different things (tattoo, touchup, consultation, kid, husband, band rehearsal, band performance etc.) and I don't know if there's a way to put all those categories on one calendar, is there? Any suggestions?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I have about 25 calendars for different things (tattoo, touchup, consultation, kid, husband, band rehearsal, band performance etc.) and I don't know if there's a way to put all those categories on one calendar, is there? Any suggestions?
I've got three and haven't figured out a way to merge them into one yet. I'm having to do it manually at the beginning of each month.