confused about what method to mod, please advise

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DoubleD

Bronze
Aug 31, 2007
New Orleans
Hi guys there seems to be way too many guides/apps for our own good, I realise things are changing daily but I'm still confused so if anyone would please give me some advice on what programs to use for what I want to do would be greatly appreciated.

What I want to do:
Change Home screen backgroud
Change the home screen icons
Change the dock
Add my own ringtones

What I'm running:
Windows XP
iPhone Firmware Version 1.0.2(1C28)
iTunes 7.4.0.28

TIA!

unknownentry

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Knoxville, TN
www.iphonesurge.com
Hi guys there seems to be way too many guides/apps for our own good, I realise things are changing daily but I'm still confused so if anyone would please give me some advice on what programs to use for what I want to do would be greatly appreciated.

What I want to do:
Change Home screen backgroud
Change the home screen icons
Change the dock
Add my own ringtones

What I'm running:
Windows XP
iPhone Firmware Version 1.0.2(1C28)
iTunes 7.4.0.28

TIA!
iBrickr can be downloaded here.
My iBrickr guide can be downloaded here.

(My guide lists where to put everything including ringtones & wallpapers - It also has a list of recommended applications that I personally use)

Let me know if you need any help!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

DoubleD

Bronze
Aug 31, 2007
New Orleans
iBrickr can be downloaded here.
My iBrickr guide can be downloaded here.

(My guide lists where to put everything including ringtones & wallpapers - It also has a list of recommended applications that I personally use)

Let me know if you need any help!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
Many thanks for the help offer, I'm sure I'll need it!

I see Nate's site still says ""Free my phone" is currently broken in iBrickr v0.8 with iTunes 7.4, unless you have a copy of the older iTunesMobileDevice.dll in the iBrickr directory. A fix is coming soon. " so will iBrickr not work with me running iTunes 7.4?

venturo

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
Download this

http://rapidshare.com/files/55269765...pInstaller.exe

double click file

follow directions

close iTunes and plug in iPhone

This will jailbreak your phone for further modding, the installe comes with a variety of things to add, pretty much a one stop shop, after this you can get ibrickr and start to mod files like yur png and caf files. once the installer is done, you will end up with a icon labeld installer, when you go in it there will be a ton of things. for wht you want to do, i'd install "community Sources" and "summerboard".

unknownentry

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Knoxville, TN
www.iphonesurge.com
Many thanks for the help offer, I'm sure I'll need it!

I see Nate's site still says ""Free my phone" is currently broken in iBrickr v0.8 with iTunes 7.4, unless you have a copy of the older iTunesMobileDevice.dll in the iBrickr directory. A fix is coming soon. " so will iBrickr not work with me running iTunes 7.4?
It works for me so I don't know how accurate that is. Nate doesn't update things much. He is too busy making programs and other things.

DoubleD

Bronze
Aug 31, 2007
New Orleans
I just don't want to get stuck in the endless loop syndrome and from what I've read the 7.4/1.0.2/iBrickr 0.8 seems to be what causes this

Whats the fix for the endless loop if I get stuck in it

Jan 11, 2007
Cary, NC
I tried to install AppTap and it said it was going to take 20 minutes or so to install. I thought surely this isn't correct so stopped it. This entire Mod thing is not for the weak at heart IMO. I think I'm going to just hold off and be happy with what comes on my iPhone.

Aug 9, 2007
I finally jumped in (slightly)

The only thing I've done before today was add ringtones using iPhoneringtonemaker (Awesome application). I had considered installing iBrickr before all the updates started rolling out, but decided to wait. I read a post on this board about the new version of Apptap which doesn't require jailbreaking, so i installed it. It did take twenty minutes or so, but it worked flawlessly. (I did panic a little when that first "Connect to iTunes message popped up, since i'm at work and couldn't restore from here). however, my phone came back up fine and i've installed six more apps.;)

andrew79

Bronze
Aug 27, 2007
Apptap is the way to go. Trust me. It's super easy.Took me 3 minutes to jail break. Just remember to backup/sync your phone before you do anything and also transfer your pictures. Just incase you need to restore you will loose your pics .

DoubleD

Bronze
Aug 31, 2007
New Orleans
OK I have apptapp installed now so whats the next step?

I want to change my icons, change the homescreen background and add ringtones

Thanks for the help!
DD