Confused with jailbreaking 3G

brooke03

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis, Tennessee
I have a new 3g and I'm attempting to use winpwn... but everything says 2.0 and 2.0.1... iTunes tells me my phone is running 2.0.2. Does that mean I have to wait for a new version, or am I just lost?

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I have a new 3g and I'm attempting to use winpwn... but everything says 2.0 and 2.0.1... iTunes tells me my phone is running 2.0.2. Does that mean I have to wait for a new version, or am I just lost?
Download winpwn 2.5. It's the latest version and it allows you to jailbreak 2.0.2. I just did it last night. Worked like a charm.

blazew0n

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
Did it today, and love it. Really recommend it. I have it installed with cydia and installer. Used Expert Mode on winpwn 2.5. Follow the guides and youtube it. Great tuts. that show you every step.

daddyd302

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Read what I wrote here. It's really easy if you know how to follow a few instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 6, 2008
I've got a couple quick questions. I read that if you sync once jailbroken your backup will acutally still have a trace that it was jailbroken. If you backup, and then take a copy of that backup file and store it in a different folder will it then be fine for restoring the phone later if necessary?

Also for some reason as I read through the tutorials I am missing where Cydia and Installer actually get on the phone are they added as part of the custom firmware? Sorry I'm sure I'm just missing something small. also is Springboard installed or is that a separate step with the installer?

TIA.