Connect to different library and music is grayed out

ducati

Bronze
Dec 30, 2008
Hi guys! I have noticed that whenever I connect my iPhone to a different library the music on the iPhone is greyed out and I cannot play it. Please advise. Thank you

fc97accord

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
Vancouver
Yeah, the iPhone only allows you to sync or listen to music from one computer only. The only way to change that would be to jb and use a program to bypass that or there is another way, but a little complicated.

ducati

Bronze
Dec 30, 2008
Yeah, the iPhone only allows you to sync or listen to music from one computer only. The only way to change that would be to jb and use a program to bypass that or there is another way, but a little complicated.

Really! But I have no problem doing this using a regular Ipod, why would they only allowed to play music only on one computer? Thanks

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Really! But I have no problem doing this using a regular Ipod, why would they only allowed to play music only on one computer? Thanks
If the secondary computer you are connecting to Authorized for your iTunes account? If the music is DRM encoded, then it will only be available to the account that purchased it.

fc97accord

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
Vancouver
Yeah, I don't have a reason why they would do that but, they do. And I know the ipod can do it, it plain is a pain in the ass if you ask me, but what do I know Apple knows best (sarcasm)