Connect to the iPhone via USB - no WiFi required

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
You can baisicly connect to the iPhone via usb instead of wifi and its almoust identical to winscp

You can downlod Total Commander from here, don`t worry about it being a trial version it never expires so you can use it as long as you like

http://www.ghisler.com/download.htm

1. Download T-Pot from http://code.google.com/p/t-pot/downloads/list
2. Open the T-Pot rar archive that u just downloaded using Total Commander, T-Pot will automaticly install
3.Close Total Commander after T-Pot it`s installed so the changes take effect
4. Install ziPhone ibrick fix from i.unlock.no(add the source to your installer if you don`t have it, go to sources -> edit -> add) so you can view all the dir`s on the iPhone
5. Connect the iPhone and open Total Commander
6. From the scroll down go to / Network Neighbourhood and there you will have T-Pot
7. Enter T-Pot and you are done

P.S. Make sure the iPhone is not syncyng to iTunes when u try to use total commander, t-pot might not let u browse the phone, just wait until the phone sync`s
Enjoy!

Here is a video that i made that shows u how to do it because i see that some people can`t follow this steps so i decided to record a video, sorry for my english just woke up :)

VIDEO TUTORIAL

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
yes it`s sweet, ok here is the tut

1. Download T-Pot from http://code.google.com/p/t-pot/downloads/list
2. Open the rar archive using Total Commander, T-Pot will automaticly install
3.Close Total Commander after T-Pot it`s installed so the changes take effect
4. Install ziPhone ibrick fix from i.unlock.no so you can view all the dir`s on the iPhone
5. Connect the iPhone and open Total Commander
6. From the scroll down go to / Network Neighbourhood and there you will have T-Pot
7. Enter T-Pot and you are done
Enjoy!

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
@Hondamaker you don`t know what Total Commander is ? t-pot is a plug-in for it that allows u to use total commander to connect to the iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
Ok, this whole thread is so grammatically screwy that I just barely made it down this far without my head imploding. What you are saying is that this basically lets you ftp into the iPhone over USB instead of Wifi am I right?

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Where do I get Total Commander? The version I found is only a limited use trial.

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
well it`s exactly the same thing, but this method it`s much easyer because there is no wifi involved, you just plug your phone to your computer and your done

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
wait.

its like SSh?

but with no WiFi?

so you can do various commands, like commands from Terminal?

-Long Haired Girly Boy

Feb 23, 2008
nice! works great...i had to read the READ me instructions to really get a good idea..since i aint that of a genius with the iPhone..Thanks.

Feb 23, 2008
wass up..the tpot icon on the commander doesn't allow to open the iPhone..how can i get it to work again?