connecting 3G to computer (PC) question?

bunnunce_boy3

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
hello,
when i plug my 3G into the computer, the adobe photoshop always opens. that really bugs me. does anyone know how to make it not do that? is there a setting somewhere?

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
Look in your control panel. There should be a way for you to determine what the automatic action should be whenever your iPhone is plugged into the computer.

I never tell Windows to do anything automatically when I plug in my phone/camera/ipod or even when I put a DVD in the ROM drive. Instead, it always just shows me a list of options as to what I can do. You might want to do the same.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
There should be something in photoshop settings. I have a mac and in iphoto it actually says "connecting CAMERA opens". If you see something like this in photoshop settings, you can set it to none.

Jul 9, 2007
Orange County, CA
if you go to Control Panel>Scanners and Cameras you should see your iPhone. Right click and select Properties. A dialog box will open up. Select the Event tab and you should see options to control what happens when you plug in your iPhone.

sprintrjm

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
Seattle
regards

FYI, your phone has to be sync'ed to be able to see the iPhone under the camera / scanner settings.

bunnunce_boy3

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
this didn't work. anyone else have any suggestions?

Jul 9, 2007
Orange County, CA
FYI, your phone has to be sync'ed to be able to see the iPhone under the camera / scanner settings.
I don't think this is true because I have done it at work and I do not sync my iPhone with my work computer.

this didn't work. anyone else have any suggestions?
not sure what else to tell you. I was able to stop Windows' annoying pop-up whenever I plug in my iPhone.