Connecting iPad and iPhone via Bluetooth.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by InyigoMontoya, Nov 22, 2011.

1. InyigoMontoya

InyigoMontoya Contributor
    Bronze

I remember commenting on this on another thread but not really getting anywhere. I can't, for the life of me, get the two to connect to each other via Bluetooth. Both are on and both are discoverable. 3GS and iPad 2 wifi. I've searched but apparently I don't know how to use Google properly either. Can someone help me shed some light on this? I've got a couple games that I should be able to play on both devices (and that I'd like to) if I could get the two to connect as I think they should. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I found the following in an Apple forum:
    I was having the same problem with the Scrabble and Tiles for Scrabble app. I turned Bluetooth on both devices expecting them to pair as they do when you pair a device on the desktop.
    What needs to be done is after you turn Bluetooth on both devices, create a new Scrabble game with the iPad app in Party Play mode. Then start your Tiles app on the iPhone and join the game via the Menu selection and what a few seconds. Once 2 or more people start up their iPhone apps you can start the game.

Don't know if will help or not since it's about Scrabble. ?

3. InyigoMontoya

InyigoMontoya Contributor
    Bronze

So they don't pair "naturally" with one another - only through the apps then?

4. Tyger_purr

Tyger_purr Member
    Bronze

In all the games and apps that I have that can be played/connected on bluetooth the pairing is done by the individual app. Just turn on Bluetooth and launch the apps. It will find its counterparts.