connecting iPhone to iTunes and all songs deleted from my iPhone & apps not working!

Mar 1, 2008
Hi everyone! I have been searching for this for a lil and I haven't found anything to answer my questions... Last night I hooked up my computer to add songs onto my iTunes, and after I unplugged it there were no songs on my iPhone! Well except for the 1 I just bought from iTunes over wifi! So I plugged it back in to the comp and manually put all my songs back on. I thought everything was good and when I go to use my apps from the app store (aim, sally salon, yellow pages) it doesn't go into the app just goes back to the menu screen! I don't know what to do with my phone? I don't know if I need to restore it and start from scratch? I have a 2g iPhone unlocked jailbroken with firmware 2.2.. I am sorry if this has been posted before and answered! Thanks in advance for any help! Happy Valentines Day to everyone!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
i think you best bet would be to perfom a restore.. and start from scratch.

Becareful when restoring because your unlocked you will no doubt want to continue using another sim card i.e through yellowsn0w you will have to use custom firmware which takes out the baseband update (prevents you from usin yellowsn0w)

Happy Valetines Day also..
Hope this helps

Mar 1, 2008
Thank you for your reply. I am pretty new to the unlovked iPhone world.. I am using a 1st generation iPhone so I'm not sure if yellowsn0w applies to me? I'm concerned about restoring! It stinks all the apps I bought on the app store will be gone! Some I paid for.. And I won't have em! I purchased them over wifi on my iPhone! So there is no way to get them back is there? Thanks for your help!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
you can re-download any apps you have purchased just fine. But this is not the case for music and movies.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
The above statement is correct, everything you've downloaded and purchased will still be in your iTunes's history so to speak, well through your account records. It's going to be a pain to get your songs back, but try to make a list and get back what you can... Sometimes it's good to get a whole new batch of music and video's gives you others things to occupy yourself with

Mar 1, 2008
Thanks guys for writing me on Vday! Well to be honest I only downloaded one song from iTunes lol! How would I get my apps back tho? I thought if you didn't purchase them through the computer theres no way to get them back?! Sorry for all the ?s just don't know what to do! Thanks again! N Happy Valentines's Day again to everyone!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
the iTunes store (on Apple's side) keeps a record of all apps you purchase. If you go to purchase one you have already purchased, it will tell you something like "you have already purchased this application. continue to re-download?"

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
You've still downloaded the apps through your iTunes account, anything you download goes through iTunes except things for cydia/installer.

When you've restored, set up as new phone and do all the normal things you'd usually do and sync your apps back,

I'm not sure what you need to know exactly, I'm assuming you've put your stuff on your phone and you've downloaded loads of things but never synced?!?!

But if that statements wrong- then all the apps you've downloaded will be I'm your iTunes applications folder.

What is the exact problem at present?!

Mar 1, 2008
Hey I just wanted to update you all. I restored my iPhone and actually have 2.2.1 now! I am wondering if everything stopped working because I switched my sim card from my bb curve to my iPhone? I'm a phone fanatic so I switch them often! For sum reason when I tried to re download my apps again from my computer it said thy couldn't be installed on my iPhone because I wasn't authorized on that computer? Which doesn't make sense because it's the computer I have always used with my iPhone. So I re downloaded everything again over wifi on my iPhone! Thanks for all your help guys!