Connecting iPhone to Xbox 360

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Has anyone been able to accomplish this yet?
Read on the Xbox 360 website that it was possible to connect your IPod to the 360 to load all of your "unprotected" music content. Hooked up my iPhone last night via USB cable and nothing.

May 12, 2007
Someone else posted about this a while ago.
I think you need to go into your live marketplace and look for a download that let's the 360 communicate with your iPhone.
I have been trying to do the same thing but I can't seem to find the download.
I'm actually trying to do this right now. If I have any success I'll let you know.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
So far, I have been able to find the download for the optional mp player - it is under games and then all games and is alphabetical under "o".

Did this and then plugged in iPhone but still no luck (even with resetting the Xbox). Haven't tried it with my regular IPod to see if that even works.

Let me know how it goes on your end.

Mike

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Where do you go to play the music?

While you are in the game playing, do you press the Xbox button on the center of the controller and then select the iPhone from there or are you playing your music directly from the Xbox Live Main Console Pages (marketplace and such)?

lensey543

Jul 12, 2007
L. Y. Dubb
upload my songs on 360

I know u can play songs through your iPod onto your 360, but is there a way u can upload them onto your 360 dashboard? What needs to be downloaded in order to do that?

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I know u can play songs through your iPod onto your 360, but is there a way u can upload them onto your 360 dashboard? What needs to be downloaded in order to do that?
nah, only way u can get songs permanently to the 360 is burn a "music cd" not an mp3 cd, and it will copy them over for you