Connecting the iPhone to my head unit?

BlueBliss

Sep 10, 2007
Hey all, I've got a Pioneer AVIC-D1 Navigation system in my car and I also bought the iPod adapter for it. I was wondering if I can actually use this connection to play songs off the iPhone and potentially use it as an in-car charger...is the connection the same? Any risks involved with trying this?

Thanks,

Chris

chavezr6

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
Not sure this will help you or not but I was using a FM modulator to listen to my nano in my truck, when I bought the iPhone i tried it on using the modulator and it works but just gives me a message on my phone saying that this device is not supported with this connection. But after i cleared the message it worked fine. But it doesn't have the control form the head unit like you're looking for. I was currious of this too as i'm looking to update my HU.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Hey all, I've got a Pioneer AVIC-D1 Navigation system in my car and I also bought the iPod adapter for it. I was wondering if I can actually use this connection to play songs off the iPhone and potentially use it as an in-car charger...is the connection the same? Any risks involved with trying this?

Thanks,

Chris
It works fine. I have an AVIC-Z1 and the ipod adapter. I can listen to songs off the iPhone while connected to the Z1 via bluetooth, when you get a call the songs fades out, and after you hang up it fades back in. It charges the iPhone also.