Connecting the iPhone to my head unit?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BlueBliss

Sep 10, 2007
Hey all, I've got a Pioneer AVIC-D1 Navigation system in my car and I also bought the iPod adapter for it. I was wondering if I can actually use this connection to play songs off the iPhone and potentially use it as an in-car charger...is the connection the same? Any risks involved with trying this?

Thanks,

Chris

chavezr6

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
Not sure this will help you or not but I was using a FM modulator to listen to my nano in my truck, when I bought the iPhone i tried it on using the modulator and it works but just gives me a message on my phone saying that this device is not supported with this connection. But after i cleared the message it worked fine. But it doesn't have the control form the head unit like you're looking for. I was currious of this too as i'm looking to update my HU.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Hey all, I've got a Pioneer AVIC-D1 Navigation system in my car and I also bought the iPod adapter for it. I was wondering if I can actually use this connection to play songs off the iPhone and potentially use it as an in-car charger...is the connection the same? Any risks involved with trying this?

Thanks,

Chris
It works fine. I have an AVIC-Z1 and the ipod adapter. I can listen to songs off the iPhone while connected to the Z1 via bluetooth, when you get a call the songs fades out, and after you hang up it fades back in. It charges the iPhone also.