Connecting Via WiFi on My WAP Protected Network?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Diablo25

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
PA
I have tried to do this and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. When I go into settings I can see my network but its locked. When I choose it I don't know where to put my WAP key that will allow my iPhone to connect with my router. Its a simple Linksys router setup with a WEP security key - I just don't know where to put the key. Any help would be appreciated.

jcs126

Jul 15, 2007
I have tried to do this and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. When I go into settings I can see my network but its locked. When I choose it I don't know where to put my WAP key that will allow my iPhone to connect with my router. Its a simple Linksys router setup with a WEP security key - I just don't know where to put the key. Any help would be appreciated.

Let me know what you did as I am have a similar problem and can't figure it our. thanks. jcs126

Jul 26, 2007
Let me know what you did as I am have a similar problem and can't figure it our. thanks. jcs126
Just connect to Safari within range of your WiFi network and it SHOULD recognize the network on its own. It will ask you if you want to join the network. Click on your network and you will then be prompted to enter your password. SHOULD work flawlessly.

jdavis

Jul 31, 2007
Connecting Via WiFi on My WEP Protected Network?

I'm somewhat new to this. We have an existing Linksys WRTSL54GS Wireless router setup as a WEP and all the computers in the house are working fine so far....except for the new iPhone. I wouldn't think it would be this complicated, but I didn't set it up and cannot get the password for the network accepted by the iPhone. This is where I'm getting confused (I'm not real swift with this stuff!). The router is setup as WEP, Default Transmit Key is 1, Web Encryption is 64 bits 10 hex digits, PassPhrase is AmericanEagle1 and Key 1 is 45e7z009be. I had assumed the iPhone was looking for "AmericanEagle1" but this was rejected. so was the hex Key 1. I keep thinking I had a case sensitivity issue, and still may have, as I cannot tell what case I'm typing in on the iPhone when entering a password (all asterisks). Have tried many combinations if shifting but nothing so far. Any ideas on where my problem lies?

James

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Try deleting the network from your phone and then adding it again. This time add the first hex key as it is on your router set up page. Not the american eagle, that is your passphrase. See if that works and get back to us.

jdavis

Jul 31, 2007
How do I delete from the network on the iPhone? I see my network and a couple others under "Choose a Network..."

Try deleting the network from your phone and then adding it again. This time add the first hex key as it is on your router set up page. Not the american eagle, that is your passphrase. See if that works and get back to us.