Connectivity Problems With the Remote app

halogen80

Nov 15, 2008
Hey everyone,
I've recently installed Remote and been tryin over a week to pair it with iTunes but don't seem to get any results. iPhone is able to get the wi-fi signal from the same modem my PC uses for internet connection but it never appears in the iTunes window via Remote. I added TCP and UDP ports (which i found via Apple's help site) on my firewall, allowed iTunes as an exception, checked the router address. Nothing seems to work.

Btw, just once i managed to see it in iTunes however when i tried to enter the 4-digit passcode it wasn't accepted. What do u think seems to be the problem?

I'm using iTunes 8.0 and iPhone 3G 2.1

halogen80

Nov 15, 2008
No ones having the same problem? I need help real quick so anyone..?

papabro

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
MA
In iTunes go to the menu path edit/preferences and select the Devices tab. Check the 'Look for iPhone and ipod touch Remotes' check box and press the ok button. Go to the remote app on your phone press Add Library. You should now have a remote iPhone device listed in iTunes where your iPhone is normally listed under devices. Select the remote iPhone. This will bring up a screen for you to enter the 4 digit pass code which should now be displayed on your iPhone. Once you enter the code you should have an indication in iTunes that your phone can now control iTunes. Press ok and your good to go.

halogen80

Nov 15, 2008
Thx for the reply but that option in the preferences is already checked. My iTunes is not able to detect the iPhone for some reason. Any other ideas?