Considering Purchasing the new iPad

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jbjints

Feb 14, 2009
Hello:
I am the new guy in town and I have never before owned an iPad. I am seriously considering purchasing the new iPad but I was hoping I could ask a few questions.

What do you like most about the iPad?

I am also torn between purchasing the 16gb or the 32gb. I am not sure if I will be watching a ton of movies on the iPad but if I was too can I delete the movie from the device and it would be saved on iTunes for future use right?

Do video games take up a ton of space because I am sure to buy at least a few games.

Overall, are you happy with the iPad 3rd Gen?

Do you recommend I purchase the new iPad over the iPad2? I don't think it makes sense to go back technology wise right?

Is there an external hard drive available for the new iPad?

Thanks,

Joe

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Hello:
I am the new guy in town and I have never before owned an iPad. I am seriously considering purchasing the new iPad but I was hoping I could ask a few questions.

Welcome to the eiC! You've picked the best forum on the internet regarding iStuff! to join! Congrats!

What do you like most about the iPad?

This is my 1st iPad. Always wanted one, never could get one until now. I love the Retina display and the speed! Everything opens smoothly and closes just as fast. I have no lag and everything looks amazing.

I am also torn between purchasing the 16gb or the 32gb. I am not sure if I will be watching a ton of movies on the iPad but if I was too can I delete the movie from the device and it would be saved on iTunes for future use right?

I went for the gusto and got the 64G WiFi and 4G, and I am glad I did. I have TV shows on my iPad and a movie as well as almost 100 Apps if not more by now. I say, get as much storage as you can afford.

I was also torn between getting the Wifi and 4G or just the WiFi. I thought I would only use this at home and or at places that provided WiFi, but I decided to just spend the extra $ and get the 4G capability as well and I am sooo glad I did. I take this thing to work with me everyday and I use it everyday and if I only had the WiFi I would be limited in what I could do.

I was overzealous and purchased a 3Gig Data Package from AT&T for $30 and I have not even dented 1Gig of usage so next month I'll go down to 250MB.

Do video games take up a ton of space because I am sure to buy at least a few games.

It depends on the game you get. I have 40Gig available on my iPad right now with all the stuff I have on there and I have games as well. I guess they don't take up too much space, but again, it depends on the games you buy.

Overall, are you happy with the iPad 3rd Gen?

I am head over heels in love with this thing! Man What an Awesome Purchase! I'm glad I had to wait and I'm glad I got this iPad 3rd Gen. It is phenomenal and I do recommend purchasing this iPad 3 over the iPad 2, if you can afford it and you don't care about the upgrade.

Do you recommend I purchase the new iPad over the iPad2? I don't think it makes sense to go back technology wise right?

Get the latest now. The resale on the iPad 3 will be better than the iPad 2 in a year. Move forward not backwards.

Is there an external hard drive available for the new iPad?

Yes, your computer. :ROFLMAO: LOL! Not exactly sure, but if you have enough storage, in 32Gig or 64Gig, you will not need an external HD. Besides that your computer backs everything up and you are covered that way. I'm sure there are flash drives you can use with the iPad 3. It's your personal preference. I don't bother with that. I have more than enough space.

Hope this helps your decision. "Psst - Take the plunge and go for it! Get the iPad 3 it's more than worth the purchse!"

Thanks,

Joe

Jul 14, 2008
I agree with Sharunda, buy what you can afford, you won't regret it.

As to external storage, there is a company that markets an "external" storage device which is wither a hard drive with wifi capabitilty or with an iOS dock cable. Google it, you'll find it, I thought it was too e3xpensive for the premise, use iTunes on your PC to manage what you carry with you.