considering to buy a iPhone in uk

asahel

May 3, 2008
Hi Guys,

Actually i need to knw hw I can get a iPhone 16gb in U.k without having an O2 sim. I want to use it with other service provider.

Can u pls tell me whether i can get a iPhone frm da Apple showroom itslef or frm sumwhere else.

Thanks.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
I think so. You should be able to go get it from the Apple store, go home and unlock it and you should be good.

asahel

May 3, 2008
Thanks a lot Bro. Bt wont they ask u to get a o2 sim wid da fone itself?

p7jnp

Apr 17, 2008
Hi Guys,

Actually i need to knw hw I can get a iPhone 16gb in U.k without having an O2 sim. I want to use it with other service provider.

Can u pls tell me whether i can get a iPhone frm da Apple showroom itslef or frm sumwhere else.

Thanks.
I'm on Orange contract and bought an iPhone a few weeks ago. I bought it from www.ezypc.co.uk Tel 01752 207991

Came unlocked on any network and had no problems whatsoever.

Would recommend this company.

James

jimmy_hat

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
UK
Well we asked in Carphone Warehouse and they said you buy the iPhone from them with no contract then take it home and do the contract stuff yourself, which might be easier than trying to persuade another shop to sell you one or buying an overpriced already unlocked one...

p7jnp

Apr 17, 2008
Well we asked in Carphone Warehouse and they said you buy the iPhone from them with no contract then take it home and do the contract stuff yourself, which might be easier than trying to persuade another shop to sell you one or buying an overpriced already unlocked one...
How much would they sell one for without contract?

jimmy_hat

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
UK
Well, they were selling them for £169, but I think they've run out now and might not get any more in, which is a serious bummer.

asahel

May 3, 2008
Well, they were selling them for £169, but I think they've run out now and might not get any more in, which is a serious bummer.

R u serious that Apple Store is out of Stock?:mad:

Cud u help me out by telling which one is better? 16GB or 8GB?

Is there any diff. Rather than the Hard Disk?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
R u serious that Apple Store is out of Stock?:mad:

Cud u help me out by telling which one is better? 16GB or 8GB?

Is there any diff. Rather than the Hard Disk?
The stores are depleting their stock to make way for the new phone.
There is no difference between the 16gb and 8gb except size.

jojo4108

May 4, 2008
Hi Guys,

Thanks.
I wouldn't bother getting a iPhone i've been having big problems and the techs at the store told me the wrong thing to do and lost most of my stuff.:oops:

jimmy_hat

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
UK
Oh sorry, didn't read that properly, £169 was for the 8gb one... Not sure about the 16gb but Apple have been having big worldwide shortages of those...

k412m4

Bronze
Mar 23, 2008
Oh sorry, didn't read that properly, £169 was for the 8gb one... Not sure about the 16gb but Apple have been having big worldwide shortages of those...
Just know one thing. This device is VERY fragile both physically and internal. Make sure you buy a case and screen protector ($50 for both) and treat this phone like a new born child. If you're the type that loses or damages most of their phones, this phone isn't for you. I've never gotten a scratch on any of my phones so I had to buy this phone, instead of my mom buying it, or it would probably last 1 day before she either broke it or lost it. That's the truth, and she knows it.

k412m4

Bronze
Mar 23, 2008
How many times have you dropped your phone without a case from a height around 5-6 feet onto a solid surface? This is a pretty common occurrence and most people's phones are suffering from damages after just one drop. This all depends on how it lands. If you get lucky it may survive with only some scratches to the chrome, pushing you to spend $35 on a case, which you should already have in the first place because holding this phone is like holding an ice cube. It's also a little heavier than most, so this doesn't help. The fact that it's half touch screen is another thing. If you crack the screen, what then...

Maybe I'm a little over-protective of my phone because it's not insured. I've never broken or damaged a phone in the past and don't plan on it now, so paying for insurance seems like a waste to me. If you take care of your stuff you should have nothing to worry about.

jimmy_hat

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
UK
Well I dropped my phone a few times before, its just this last time that turned out unlucky... :(