Consolidating all incoming texts from a given contact into the same thread

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Rafagon, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I have most if not all of Facebook's originating numbers for outgoing texts stored as various phone numbers (technically, "short codes") for my single contact named "Facebook" (see screen shot below). I was hoping this would result in all Facebook-generated SMS notifications ending up under the same conversation/thread (and this also lets me set a specific alert sound for all incoming Facebook SMS alerts).

However, it seems that these incoming texts still create multiple threads. The different threads are labeled as coming from the "Facebook" contact, so this tells me that short codes of the SMSs in question are included in my contact card for "Facebook."

Shouldn't all of their incoming SMS notifications end up on the same thread? If not, then is there any trick (stock, not JB) that could make the result I want happen? Thanks in advance for any help.

photo.PNG

2. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

You would think they would merge. I wonder if FAX numbers are not considered normal phone numbers.

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

You just made a very good point. I'm going to try putting them all in under "Mobile."

4. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Im trying to accomplish the same thing but having no luck.

5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I'd like a feature in iOS that allows you to highlight and merge threads. Smoothly, so that texts from the threads end up in chronological order. Sometimes I end up with two threads for the same contact for other reasons I'm not fully sure of. Maybe when an MMS has to go through as a non-iMessage for someone I already have an iMessage thread with?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app