Conspiracy Theories!

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Does anyone have any they would like to share?
Three of my favorites are:
"9/11", source, loosechange.com (eye opening video)
"Chem" trails, Source, google chem trails, basically it says the government is purposely dumping chemicals on us via jets to kill off some of the population.
"Jesus Christ is a myth", source, google "zeitgeist the movie", this is more fact based then theory, says Jesus was a sun god, anthropamorphised and made into a Deity.
The chem trails one is the only one that seems shakey to me.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Ok, I'll get things started, I'm an atheist and a skeptic. I do believe we went to the moon and Swine Flu is real. However, I think 9/11 was a conspiracy that the American Govt. was at least partially involved in. I also think there were at least 2 shooters in Dallas and greed is blind and it doesn't know when to stop ;)

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Here is a quote. “The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working.”

I like that quote. Anyone think Roswell is a conspiracy?

The 9/11 conspiracy is kind of scary to me.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
That's kind of vague, where do you stand on 9/11?

I believe in aliens but I don't think any have ever came to Earth (because of the distances and max speeds we can ever hope to travel).

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I find it interesting to watch the conspiracy videos out there. As far as my stance on 9/11, I do not believe the government had anything to do with it. How can a bunch of incompetents put something like that together. They cannot even manage to get rid of a deficit using an endless supply of money. If I had an endless supply of money, I think I would have a hard time trying to get into a deficit! (I could try really hard though!)

Or do you think the deficit is a conspiracy too? LOL :p

I believe in aliens but I don't think any have ever came to Earth (because of the distances and max speeds we can ever hope to travel).
Flying saucers exist. The question is whether they are man made in complete confidentiality, or from another place other than earth. As far as max speeds we can hope to travel..........anything is possible......remember the earth used to be flat. Stephen Hawking theorizes in A Brief History of Time, that if man had a telescope powerful enough, and a way of traveling faster than the speed of light......he would be able to travel to a distant place and actually see dinosaurs roaming the Earth.......he would remain in the same rime but just be able to "see" the past through the telescope. So if we are ever able to safely travel faster than the speed of light, who knows what we might see! :p

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I think that every conspiracy theory has some sort of evidence that spawned the theory in the first place. Two problems with it are Human perception, and human faith. Between these two things are what make fabrications believable, and fact into fiction.
Do I believe in Extra-terrestrials? Yes. We might be unique in our own solar system, but only to the concept of life as we defined it. There must be something else out there, or It is all a HUGE waste of space beyond imagining.
Do I believe that there was more than one shooter that shot JFK? Yes. I think that our very own government decided it was better to martyr him than to risk having the public call for an amendment to the constitution to let him continue to run for another term (his 3rd), and his policies contradicted some of our more "Secret" portions of our government.
Do I believe that our own government was involved with the 9-11 attacks... I'm still undecided about this. First, there was no better motivator for uniting the country, and it's obvious that we shot down one of the planes before it was able to reach it's destination (and later covered up), but the theories about the building being detonated from the inside don't hold a lot of water to me.
Do I believe in God? Yes. I have my personal reasons beyond simply being raised Catholic. I do not agree entirely with the Church's position on a couple things, plus I think that religion has gotten very antiquated in a few areas that are nothing more than tradition, and not about God.
Do I believe in Ghosts? I have seen more of my fair share of weird Sh!t from beyond the grave. Some of it still makes my skin crawl. And I have been a paranormal investigator, and I set out to debunk everything, not to prove that ghosts exist. I go to investigations "blind", not knowing anything about the claims or reported activity. If I experience something unexplainable, then we compare it to the claims for validation. I've been touched, I've seen moving balls of light that were visible to the naked eye moving with direction and purpose, I have EVP's that respond to my questions, and to the situation that was happening at the time. ( I had a pen slowly pushed out from behind my ear over the course of 2-3 minutes, it went straight out and then fell to the ground, and right after that, we caught several EVP's, starting with one that said "They can't tell we're here".

All that said, I believe that conspiracy theories can be both healthy and detrimental to society. They have their place, and they are tools for motivating people. I really depends on who is motivating who for what purpose.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I find it interesting to watch the conspiracy videos out there. As far as my stance on 9/11, I do not believe the government had anything to do with it. How can a bunch of incompetents put something like that together. They cannot even manage to get rid of a deficit using an endless supply of money. If I had an endless supply of money, I think I would have a hard time trying to get into a deficit! (I could try really hard though!)

Or do you think the deficit is a conspiracy too? LOL :p

Flying saucers exist. The question is whether they are man made in complete confidentiality, or from another place other than earth. As far as max speeds we can hope to travel..........anything is possible......remember the earth used to be flat. Stephen Hawking theorizes in A Brief History of Time, that if man had a telescope powerful enough, and a way of traveling faster than the speed of light......he would be able to travel to a distant place and actually see dinosaurs roaming the Earth.......he would remain in the same rime but just be able to "see" the past through the telescope. So if we are ever able to safely travel faster than the speed of light, who knows what we might see! :p
They didn't have to do much. All they had to do was see it coming, sit back and watch it happen, and then force certain people to keep their mouths shut.

Right, if we could find a way. It would take all the energy in the universe to accelerate one particle faster than the speed of light.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I was undecided like Hawk was about 9/11, until I applied alittle logic to what happened. 2 points are, in the history of all planes hitting buildings, not one building ever fell down (and many planes struck buildings, the empire state building being one of them. And They told us the heat from the jet fuel melted the steel and that sent them down, but that goes against the laws of physics because the duration of the explosion wasn't long enough to melt steel, and it wasn't hot enough. Also on the video almost all of the firefighters said they heard multiple explosions prior to the buildings falling. And why the heck did building 7 fall when it wasn't even struck... Too many glaring questions that can't be dismissed.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
They didn't have to do much. All they had to do was see it coming, sit back and watch it happen, and then force certain people to keep their mouths shut.

Right, if we could find a way. It would take all the energy in the universe to accelerate one particle faster than the speed of light.
In the conventional sense, yes, Acceleration past the speed of light is going to take enormous amounts of energy, plus, until we create inertia dampening fields to protect the occupants of the vehicle, so one would ever survive stopping after reaching the speed of light.
That being said, Worm hole tech and inter-dimensional travel would be the way we move around the universe in a couple hundred years, provided that we can ever achieve that level of science.

evolution83

Zealot
Gold
Mar 2, 2009
California
Wouldn't it be better to have a single thread for each theory so things are in order? I have a few I'd like to share myself in regards to Aliens and such, with plenty of videos :)

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD

Because we always think from our human perspective. Our level of scientific knowledge could be puny next to another non-human civilization's. The speed of light might not be an insurmountable barrier to those whose approach to science may be somewhat different from our own.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Wouldn't it be better to have a single thread for each theory so things are in order? I have a few I'd like to share myself in regards to Aliens and such, with plenty of videos :)
I try to keep an open mind about things, but when it comes to aliens, i think i need some concrete proof....but then again, its probably vanity to think we are the only species in the universe.
Make me a true believer, show some vids.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
One dosent always need a vaccination to help defend from a virus/illness.
Our immune systems are a lot better and more adaptive than scientists leave everyone to believe. All it takes is one time to catch, get sick let the body do its thing, then the virus/illness is kinda like saved in data storage. If u get sick again from the same thing the body doubles its protection.
London, the other thread was locked since it spawned this one and there was no further need for it, so I'm responding here. Your first sentence is correct, but you kind of missed my point. When no one has been vaccinated, the entire population is at risk. If you take a handful of people, most of them are not suseptible to Measles. This is because the odds are that every one of them has received the vaccination, and thereforee an outbreak is unlikely.

What you are talking about is Natural acquired active immunity, which is contracting the disease naturally and then recovering while developing antibodies to prevent future infection. This is what happens with things like Chicken Pox and the common cold. It does not happen with HIV infection. One reason is that the virus mutates too quickly. Once infected with HIV, the body will not be able to develop antibodies and recover and the person will eventually succumb to AIDS. Artificial acquired active immunity differs from natural in that immunity is provided from a vaccination rather than actual exposure and illness. Vaccinations are often weakened viruses or just antigens not able to cause disease but enough to stimulate the body to develope antibodies.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Because we always think from our human perspective. Our level of scientific knowledge could be puny next to another non-human civilization's. The speed of light might not be an insurmountable barrier to those whose approach to science may be somewhat different from our own.
The laws of physics would apply to them as well. I am open to the possibility of "work a rounds" like of traveling through wormholes, but not the speed of light.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Speaking of worm holes, for any Trekkies out there, "Star Trek" opens this Friday.
Maybe we will have warp drive by 2075.
I better make some plans to cryogenic my head so I'm around to see it.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
The laws of physics would apply to them as well. I am open to the possibility of "work a rounds" like of traveling through wormholes, but not the speed of light.
I see what you're saying, but we're still talking about the "laws of physics" as we know them.

Hundreds of years ago, many humans believed the world to be flat. Will all our scientific knowledge of today stand immutably in another six hundred years?

Just some food for thought.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I think the "laws of physics" hold us back more than they help us. Soon someone is going to bring something to civilization that will make some people throw the "laws of physics" in the garbage. Not all laws of physics are trash.......but a good deal of them are made out to be written in stone, when they are just how we perceive things now. In the future perspectives will be changed. So maybe the laws of physics are a conspiracy.

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
We our bound only by what we WANT to see. The reason why most of the scientific foundations are so well revered is because we (the people of now) look back at their less advance life and cant get over how they came up with such things. What makes me upset is that even today we look at those ideas like they are set into stone. Think like the matrix, "there is no spoon"... anything is possible if you can imagine the unimaginable.

Sometimes i wish humanity was an exponential civilization, having major advances every 5 years or so. Because at that rate (with wishful thinking) Earth would look like the Planet Coruscant (from starwars) in around 50years. An entire "planet city" so advanced that it would essentially be the New York City Manhattan of our galaxy.

I dunno about anyone else, but i strongly believe humanities evolution will be through a technological assistance (watch the anime and 3 movies called Ghost in the shell). Also i strongly believe that eventually when humanity has spread through our solar systems planets there will be a colossal war on a scale people of today can never imagine. The best way to explain it? think along the lines about the 13 colonies and France/UK/Spain on a planetary scale. (Martian humans, Earth Humans, Lunar Humans, Titan Humans, Saturnian Humans, Langrange point Space Colony Humans in one huge fight probably for a universal power. It'll happen, because what will start out as everyone united from earth will divide and fight for their planet's people to reign supreme.

Im such a nerd lol, but seriously if i had the power/money i would try to advance humanity as quickly as possible, my goal would be to have full colonization of the moon, mars and the surrounding lagrange points would have a Space Colony with millions of people as well. Its possible, and if all our nations can just unite and put all that religion crap behind them we could advance so quickly.

Another thing to consider. Humanity only advances very quickly when there is either a massive war (spoils of fighting) or people unite combining multiple ideas (brining them to fruition quickly).