Constant Crashing

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by nlaplaca, Apr 29, 2012.

1. nlaplaca

nlaplaca Member
    Bronze

I have a jailbroken 4s that crashes at least once a day and boots to safe mode. I then reboot and all is fine. It has been like this almost since I first installed the jailbreak. But lately it has gotten unbearable. So I have finally tried to narrow down the culprit. The cydia apps I have are - bitesms, lockinfo, winerboard, ifile, springtomize, multiflow, pkgbackup, and infinidock. The only theme I have is inpulse. I have a few hacks like fakeclockup and killbackground. I'm sure there are a few other apps I have that I am forgetting but that is about it.

The problem seems to occur when I am texting or receiving a text. So I uninstalled bitesms and installed irealsms. The problem persisted so I reinstalled bitesms since it is probably my favorite cydia app. My next thought was possible fakeclockup. Not the culprit. So I decided to uninstall bitesms once again but this time rely solely on the stock sms app. Well it has been a day and no crashes. So it seems at this point that bite and ireal crash my phone constantly. I realize that as jailbreakers we sacrifice a little stability. Has anyone else has similar problems to me and if so did you discover the culprit?

Nick

2. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Sounds like your on the right track.
    It's a process of elimination.

Sometimes it may not even be a specific tweak. Could be an issue with two apps not working well together.
    For example:

BiteSMS
    ToneFXs Pro

Both of these apps allow custom tones and alerts. Throw in the iPhone's stock tone system and you have three items essentially trying to do the same thing. You can see where this might cause issues.

I actually do use both, and if not configured properly, can be problematic. Never had a crash because of them, however.

You could try seeing what apps may have a similar crossover redunacy in its features, pick one to delete and test for a day or two.

The best way would be to start from scratch and just add one a day until the crashes start occurring....

3. snowtrooper1966

Gold

BTW, tossed ya a "like" for your kick ass profile pic :D

4. nlaplaca

nlaplaca Member
    Bronze

Thanks for the advice. I didn't really think bite could be the sole culprit since it is such a popular and successful app that is frequently updated.

I did have the same problem sometime ago. I never figured it but I did suspect multiflow. The problem just stopped and I didn't think about it again. So I'll try reinstalling bite and uninstalling multiflow. I rarely use it anyway.

Hey thanks for the like and the compliment. I love buzzing the photographers at killington. Finally decided to buy one of the pics.