Constant "dinging"?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Ok, I have my iPhone on the cable charging off my PC and iTunes is closed and not running.
I get back to my desk and my coworkers are complaining that it's been dinging for the past several minutes. Sure enough, it's just going off like an alarm, but it sounds like the email received tone.
Signal strength is good, 1 email WAS received, but it was constantly beeping/dinging. I powered it off and powered it back on, and everything seems fine, but has anyone else had this happen?
I recently did a restoral about a week ago to see if my battery life would improve, (I get about 2 days with moderate usage. 3-4 hours of total "Usage" and about 1.5-2 days standby before I get the 20% left notification- seems rather weak to me) so I know everything is pretty clean and current.
No modifications to the OS ...yet.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Ok, I have my iPhone on the cable charging off my PC and iTunes is closed and not running.
I get back to my desk and my coworkers are complaining that it's been dinging for the past several minutes. Sure enough, it's just going off like an alarm, but it sounds like the email received tone.
Signal strength is good, 1 email WAS received, but it was constantly beeping/dinging. I powered it off and powered it back on, and everything seems fine, but has anyone else had this happen?
I recently did a restoral about a week ago to see if my battery life would improve, (I get about 2 days with moderate usage. 3-4 hours of total "Usage" and about 1.5-2 days standby before I get the 20% left notification- seems rather weak to me) so I know everything is pretty clean and current.
No modifications to the OS ...yet.
it's the email ding. even when my email is set to manually check only, it still checks my email. somewhere i read that you have to close completely out of the email client by holding down the home button for 10 seconds or so. it's annoying as heck i know that much.