Constantly asking for my iTunes password

skertes

Jul 14, 2008
I have many apps installed. All synced with iTunes. Computer has been authorized. Can't figure out for the life of me why my iPhone is constantly asking me for my iTunes password. Almost every time I wake it up, or try to open an app, it's asking for my password. Any clues?

toyotaisme

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
so cal
I have many apps installed. All synced with iTunes. Computer has been authorized. Can't figure out for the life of me why my iPhone is constantly asking me for my iTunes password. Almost every time I wake it up, or try to open an app, it's asking for my password. Any clues?

Mine does the same thing I think is for security if you lose your phone you don’t want someone to just buy a whole bunch of song or apps. it can run up your bill quick

skertes

Jul 14, 2008
Mine does the same thing I think is for security if you lose your phone you don’t want someone to just buy a whole bunch of song or apps. it can run up your bill quick
Sounds like a reasonable explanation, except for the fact that when I first got the iPhone 3G earlier this week, this behavior did not exist. Then, I had to do a restore through iTunes and it downloaded/installed the latest software (version 347, or whatever the number is), and ever since then, this has been happening. Perhaps this security feature you speak of was not present in the first 3g software, and was added to the latest one? I guess that would make sense. Just trying to confirm that I am not doing something wrong. Thanks!

k3n85

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
I finally checked the box to just store it, wish it didn't ask for FREE apps... got like 20 of these things then a huge bill from Apple (email) for 20+ apps ($0.00) just dumb. Not to mention you need to confirm this again for updating apps too. Almost overkill when downloading/updating so many apps.