Construction Worker... which case?

MNJON

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Minnesota
I'm a carpenter and I work 99% indoors. The environment I work in is dusty at times. Right now i use a RAZR with no case, just slip it in my pants pocket. It survives fine. Can I do the same with the iPhone or should i get a case of some type? I was thinking maybe an Agent 18 or SwitchEasy, just for some "drop" protection perhaps? I really don't want to have any cover over the screen though, so.. if I got a Switcheasy, can you skip the piece which covers the screen or would the phone be too loose then?

Any other cases I should think about instead?

Thanks!

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
yes you can skip the piece that covers the screen with the switcheasy. im also looking into that one and the agent18. I have the iSee which is very durable but a bit on the large side.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Otterbox would probably be your best bet. The dust would be kept out and it is rugged.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
I'm a carpenter and I work 99% indoors. The environment I work in is dusty at times. Right now i use a RAZR with no case, just slip it in my pants pocket. It survives fine. Can I do the same with the iPhone or should i get a case of some type? I was thinking maybe an Agent 18 or SwitchEasy, just for some "drop" protection perhaps? I really don't want to have any cover over the screen though, so.. if I got a Switcheasy, can you skip the piece which covers the screen or would the phone be too loose then?

Any other cases I should think about instead?

Thanks!
I have the agent 18 and i've been really happy with it, but the fact that its snapping together sometimes worries me that on a fall it may not stay intact. I may look into the contour case (Apple sells it in their stores) because 2 of my friends have it and it seems to cover the phone extremely well and also adds a little grip to it (something the agent 18 doesn't do) but not the kind of grip that sticks to your pocket.

Also just something to say that you might want to take into consideration. When considering the protection i use, i would without a doubt say that the screen protector i have is much more important then the case. I use the anti glare one sold in the Apple store and it makes me feel so much more comfortable then the case does. I think its a must have. But to each his own...i thought i'd just share.