Consumers shift to older iPhones raises concerns on Wall Street

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nikhil Gorwani, Apr 27, 2013.

?

Consumers' shift to older iPhones raises concerns on Wall Street. Do do you think its true?

1. Yes

16.7%
  2. No

66.7%
  3. Maybe

16.7%
  1. Nikhil Gorwani

Bronze

So many consumers are opting to buy older iPhone models that some analysts wonder whether Apple has lost its ability to create new versions that dazzle.

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Which part of that statement are you polling us about? Whether we think that consumers are in fact shifting to older iPhones, or whether we believe the concerns being raised on Wall Street are warranted?

3. Nikhil Gorwani

Bronze

Well i was referring to the part - What we think as consumers of this trend of shifting to older iPhones? Is it true?

4. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

No. The people that stay with the latest and newest are still doing so. But now that you can get an iPhone 4 for nothing, the people that usually wouldn't get something like that because of price are getting them.

Sent using iCafe app

5. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

I have stuck with my iPhone 4S because the 5 just wasn't enough of an improvement for me. In fairness, I'm a Sprint customer so LTE is not a concern for me. Adding 1/2 an inch to the bottom of the screen was a cheap and bogus way to say, "We have a full 4" screen now!1!" Seemed like trickery to me. What I'm waiting for is a re-designed iPhone with a TRUELY larger screen. I'm looking for a 4.5" screen or larger, with different geometry. Until Apple makes a meaningful change, Apple can suck it if they think I'm buying another iPhone.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's not trickery. The weight, look, speed, screen size, and camera were all improved. The whole point was to maintain one-handed usage while being able to see more content. You'd be amazed by how much of a difference it makes. I still have my 4S and I'm blown away by how small it looks each time I pick it up now. I have small hands and I have trouble reaching all areas on the iPhone 5 now, so I've had to modify how I hold it a little bit. The 4S screen size was perfect for me in that regard, but the bigger screen is nice for viewing more content and videos at 16x9.