Contact Alphabetizing Mess

sequel

Dec 2, 2008
Does anyone else have issues with the sorting of contacts? I get the two options...last,first or first,last; HOWEVER they are not alphabetized within the letter sections. For example, SUE listed above SAMMY. So, you have to scroll through that whole letter section to find someone. It is very annoying!

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Set both choices to "First Last" Also make sure that when you enter or entered a contact in the iPhone that you used the first, middle, last name sections correctly. If you double up information on one line ex. Joe Blow is on the first name line and nothing on the last name line you will get sort issues like you are talking about.

Hope this helps.

sequel

Dec 2, 2008
I will check that out. This is my boss' phone and she has over 400 contacts that were transferred from her Verizon World phone. The few I checked were entered properly, but with 400 of them I'm sure she probably did do what you said. Good god, this is going to take a while! Thanks for your quick response.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Say no more, that type of transfer is doomed from the start. You have some work ahead of you.

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Say no more, that type of transfer is doomed from the start. You have some work ahead of you.
It is probably quicker to sync to computer then fix them

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Yeah it might be easier to put them into iCal or Outlook and have either of those alphabetize the contacts for you. From there sync the contacts using iTunes.

sequel

Dec 2, 2008
ok. can you tell me where i can find the directions to do that into outlook?