Contact Card Photo Displays Perfectly on iOS 8 Contacts App, But w/Black Bars on OS X Contacts App

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Rafagon, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I'm having an issue with some contact card photos on iOS 8.2's Contacts app not syncing correctly to OS X's Contacts app (I'm on Yosemite, 10.10.2).

The contact card photo appears perfectly on iOS 8.2 Contacts:

iOSblurred.png
    But then the same photo has black bars on either side of it on OS X Contacts:

OS Xblurred.png

Have any of you experienced this, and if so, could you suggest any way to remedy the issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Taking up a new hobby will remedy this issue. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

That might just be a great suggestion! :D

4. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

If it bugs you enough, try sizing the pic to look right in OS X and then it should translate well to iOS. It looks like the photo was fine for iOS but wasn't wide enough for the OS X field. The "bars" are probably just empty space. I know it's just a work around and not a real fix but you seem to have plenty of time to experiment. :D

There's also the probability of being able to delete or hack some .plist file in OS X to get it to behave the way you want to it to. You know, the way we had to hack our way to get Dashboard to "just work" in Yosemite. ;)

5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

It works! Thank you kindly. I've tried it with five photographs and they transfer from OS X to iOS swimmingly.

Now, how to convince all my friends to go get professional headshots so that all my contact cards look as picture-perfect as they do with my test subjects? —

IMG_1840.PNG

KC.png

OY.png

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Use portrait style photos with the head in the upper part. I was using square photos and all I could see on some was a big head.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮