Contact Categories?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MileHiPhone

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
I am just playing around with configuring my new iPhone and am stumped by the lack of ability to organize/sort contacts by categories. Am I missing something or did Apple actually leave out this function?

By the way, before I get pegged as a hater/basher/whatever, I love much of the phone. I am a long time Treo user so that is my basis for comparing all "smartphones."

Thanks for any help if I actually missed a way to do this.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Their will be quite a few things the Treo has gotten you used to that the iPhone doesn't have. It's the same in the reverse. To answer your question no there is no category option.

MileHiPhone

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
Their will be quite a few things the Treo has gotten you used to that the iPhone doesn't have. It's the same in the reverse. To answer your question no there is no category option.
Fair enough. There's a lot about the iPhone the Treo can't hold a candle too. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the main advantage of the Treo, third party functionality, so that something missing like contact categories can be addressed by someone, will eventually be allowed. In the meantime, I rushed out to get a 1.0.2 iPhone before they were gone from the shelves forever, so I could mod if need be.

Thanks for the quick response.