Contact List and SMS

mjq1986

Mar 30, 2008
Hello everyone...

I am new to this site so if this question has been already asked before then I apoligise but I was unable to find a solution to my problem. I am from Pakistan and I just got an iPhone unlocked for myself. The problem I am facing is that when I save a contact and the number, when I get a message from that person its +923004449696 whereas if I get a call, the number is 03004449696. In other phones that doens't make a lot of difference but in iPhone when i save a contact with either the direct number or by adding + and the country code, I would get the messages by +92 and the calls by the regular number...What should I do to avoid getting it 'because otherwise does that mean I have to save 2 number for each contact...one the regular number and the other one with a + and the country code.

If I save the regular number and when I get a call then that person's name appears but when i get a message from that person, then that person's name doesn't appear and his number with + and country code appears.

If I save the number with + and country code then when i get a sms from that person, that person's name appears but when I get a call then the regular number appears but not any name...What exactly is this issue? Can anyone please help?

I'd really appreciate your help.

Thank you!

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Do you have your regional settings correct on the iPhone? Thats the only thing i can think might make a difference.

yasemin

Sep 2, 2008
Do you have your regional settings correct on the iPhone? Thats the only thing i can think might make a difference.
I'm having the same problem, I don't think it's about the country we live.. It's about setting of iPhone.. Does anybody know about solution of this problem?

stnumb

Oct 1, 2009
Unfortunately, there's no solution to that problem yet. Iv searched almost every place there is for any application that might have been made to counter it, but that doesn't exist yet either. So...for the time being, we'll have to keep both numbers in the contact list to have the name appear in both calls and messages :-/

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
In my phonebook, i have a contact saved as +447912345678 (obviously fake number for illustration only) If i get a message then whether i get it from 07912345678 or +447912345678 then the persons name appears. The iPhone understands whether its an international number / call or not.