Contact List Help

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Juego

Jun 23, 2007
When I bought my iPhone I paid the tech guy to upload my sim information on to a usb drive so I can upload it on to my iPhone. So now i'm trying to upload and not sure how to approach it, it only allwos me to sync from windows contacts, outlook and yahoo. Anyone have an ideas on how I can upload my contacts from my usb drive to my iPhone?

Will I loose the contacts already in my iPhone?
Do I need to convert the file on the drive to a diffrent format? It's PBB file currently.

Thanks in advance for all your help. :)

IPhone_Chica

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I'm sorry that they got you. They simply take your list from your phone. You have to have outlook or something that is syncable (?) with iTunes. In this case you would simply upload your contacts from the usb into the program. Since you don't have a program you are out of luck.

danielfillmore

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
im confused. how do you get your contacts to the iPhone. when switching phones in the past, i just saved all to sim, then uploaded from there. But now you get a whole new sim card for iPhone, right? so what do you do here?

Fwhomeboy

Jun 30, 2007
Treo 650 Same Problem

I did the same thing. I bought the same story at the AT&T store. It didn't work for me either. I called Apple and they said they didn't know how to do it either. I'm taking my phone back in 2 days. I need to have all my old numbers in the iPhone and if it can't be done, I'll keep my treo until the problems are solved. Volume, louder ringtone, etc...yada yada yada !

Fwhomeboy

When I bought my iPhone I paid the tech guy to upload my sim information on to a usb drive so I can upload it on to my iPhone. So now i'm trying to upload and not sure how to approach it, it only allwos me to sync from windows contacts, outlook and yahoo. Anyone have an ideas on how I can upload my contacts from my usb drive to my iPhone?

Will I loose the contacts already in my iPhone?
Do I need to convert the file on the drive to a diffrent format? It's PBB file currently.

Thanks in advance for all your help. :)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
All you have to do is import the contacts into your Outlook or Outlook Express.

Open OUtlook and go to file>import>contacts

You'll have to browse to the location of the contacts file and select it. Once you do that all your contacts will be loaded into Outlook or Outlook Express. Then it's just a matter of syncing the phone in iTunes.