Contact List is messed up

k412m4

Bronze
Mar 23, 2008
I just noticed this, probably because I haven't really been using my phone the past few days.

The list normally shows the side bar A-Z, the names are listed alphabetically, and so on. It's just showing all my contacts randomly in a list.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Are you sure you don't have it selected to show certain groups? Also, is the list displaying the last name first? That always throws people off and they think it is just in any order.

Mattman

Mar 22, 2008
Contacts - Show Certain Groups

Are you sure you don't have it selected to show certain groups? Also, is the list displaying the last name first? That always throws people off and they think it is just in any order.
THE ONLY "GROUPS" I KNOW OF ON THE iPhone IS "FAVORITES" AND "CONTACTS". ARE THERE OTHER OPTIONS AVAILABLE?

k412m4

Bronze
Mar 23, 2008
Groups.. not sure what you mean...

k412m4

Bronze
Mar 23, 2008
Ok, I got the order to change now. It's alphabetical by first name.

But still there is nothing but the names.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
If you have groups set up in either Outlook or the Address book on a Mac they can sync to your phone in groups but I imagine they would still be listed alphabetically.

k412m4

Bronze
Mar 23, 2008
I haven't synced this phone yet. LOL

It's been sitting idle ever since it was replaced.

k412m4

Bronze
Mar 23, 2008
OK....

Got it to work now. Since my old phone was synced and backed up, all those files were sitting on my computer. Haha. If only I had tried syncing it earlier I would have noticed. Still kind of weird that the contact list was like this.

All contacts have been re-added and all email accounts back up. Good thing for these automatic backups...

Thanks for the help ^ ^ ^