Contact Names not coming up when ringing?

mcquaid1

Bronze
Dec 8, 2007
Ireland
ever since i updated to 1.1.4 my contacts names haven't been coming up, they are saved in my phonebook but it just comes up with the number and the international dialing code? is this a setting changed or what? its happening in the text too...just their numbers are coming up....

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Do A RESTORE in iTunes

ever since i updated to 1.1.4 my contacts names haven't been coming up, they are saved in my phonebook but it just comes up with the number and the international dialing code? is this a setting changed or what? its happening in the text too...just their numbers are coming up....

mcquaid1

Bronze
Dec 8, 2007
Ireland
yeh its jailbroken, will a restore delete anything on my phone?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
did you save the area code too?
i think that it wont recognize the number unless you save the area code with it (in your contacts)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
did you save the area code too?
i think that it wont recognize the number unless you save the area code with it (in your contacts)
I thought all cell phone numbers required area codes. 10 digit numbers are required for ALL calls in my area code. Evidently, that's not the case everywhere.

manishk123

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Just install the AppSupport Patch (1.1.4) from the Iclarified folder in Installer and you'll be fine.

No need for a restore.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Just install the AppSupport Patch (1.1.4) from the Iclarified folder in Installer and you'll be fine.

No need for a restore.
It's always better to post questions for jailbroken iPhones on the iPhone Modifications forum. Most of the hackers tend to read those posts first before coming here. This forum is for more general questions about the standard iPhone.

manishk123

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
It's always better to post questions for jailbroken iPhones on the iPhone Modifications forum. Most of the hackers tend to read those posts first before coming here. This forum is for more general questions about the standard iPhone.
I hav'nt posted the question. I just posted a solution to the problem when i saw the query.