Contact Pictures in iOS 7

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by diverdown, Sep 25, 2013.

1. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

So I got lucky today and was able to walk out of my T-Mobile store with a 32gb iPhone 5s (black). I noticed that on the models in the store, if you made a call the contact picture appeared in a small circle in the top right of the screen (similar to the way they look on the favorites page). However, after syncing my iPhone and getting my contacts back, that picture does not appear when I make a phone call.....

Does anybody know how to enable this?

Thanks
    ~S

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

So when you dial, you saw a small circle come up, kind of like the chat heads in Facebook or the small circular contact photo in Favorites?

I haven't been able to reproduce that. My photo gets blurred with the translucent phone interface taking over.

Congrats on the new iPhone!

3. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

Thanks Chris. Yes exactly like the chat heads...in the right hand corner of the call screen. I'll got back to tmobile tomorrow and snap a pic.

~S

4. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

Sometimes I get the small circle contact picture sometimes I get the blurred picture that takes up the whole screen. I have no clue as to why I get one over the other for certain contacts. It's odd.

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

If memory serves me correct, if you take a picture with the iPhone and assign it to a contact using the iPhone, it will display full screen on an incoming call.

If you assign the picture to a contact using an external program (i.e. outlook on a computer), it will display as a small picture in the upper right on an incoming call.

#5 RoofMonkey, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  6. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

That is correct. If you sync your iPhone contacts with Facebook, it will pull their profile photo and display then in the bubble.

7. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

I like the small contact pictures when making/receiving calls, so I use the Contacts app on my Mac to add contact pics. This puts them at a smaller quality, thus the smaller look on the phone.

8. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

That does sound familiar to me. I wish they'd pick one over the other and just stick with it vs having the two different ways.

9. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

I sync my contacts with Gmail and I did not get the little contact pic. Since the phone is capable of displaying them both ways, this should be an option in settings. I am annoyed that I can not figure this out.....

10. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

When you go to your Gmail contacts on the web, do they already have profile photos?

11. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

Yes. Uploaded them to Gmail from my Galaxy S4.

12. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

y6uqu2yg.jpg

Here is a screen shot of the Tmobile store device

13. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

Mine doesn't do that :-(

I have my contacts synced with iCloud

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

14. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I got some with circle some without

15. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

Wish we could isolate which type of contacts had the circle. Did you create the contacts with a circle differently than the others?

16. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Though I answered that in post #5 ?

17. TRBO VNM

TRBO VNM Member
    Bronze

The pictures I have I took with the phone within the contacts edit feature. Just tried one and I only see the pic in the contacts, not when it is dialing or when the other person answers. I would think it should be as posted above in #12

18. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

The way I usually do it is in iCloud I assign I picture from my PC or I take them from the camera roll and do it in the phone or download off Facebook to my camera roll and assign it. I suppose the last 2 are basically the same method

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk