Contact Pictures in iOS 7

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
So I got lucky today and was able to walk out of my T-Mobile store with a 32gb iPhone 5s (black). I noticed that on the models in the store, if you made a call the contact picture appeared in a small circle in the top right of the screen (similar to the way they look on the favorites page). However, after syncing my iPhone and getting my contacts back, that picture does not appear when I make a phone call.....

Does anybody know how to enable this?

Thanks
~S

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
So when you dial, you saw a small circle come up, kind of like the chat heads in Facebook or the small circular contact photo in Favorites?

I haven't been able to reproduce that. My photo gets blurred with the translucent phone interface taking over.

Congrats on the new iPhone!

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
Thanks Chris. Yes exactly like the chat heads...in the right hand corner of the call screen. I'll got back to tmobile tomorrow and snap a pic.

~S

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Sometimes I get the small circle contact picture sometimes I get the blurred picture that takes up the whole screen. I have no clue as to why I get one over the other for certain contacts. It's odd.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Sometimes I get the small circle contact picture sometimes I get the blurred picture that takes up the whole screen. I have no clue as to why I get one over the other for certain contacts. It's odd.
If memory serves me correct, if you take a picture with the iPhone and assign it to a contact using the iPhone, it will display full screen on an incoming call.

If you assign the picture to a contact using an external program (i.e. outlook on a computer), it will display as a small picture in the upper right on an incoming call.

Last edited:

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
If memory serves me correct, if you take a picture with the iPhone and assign it to a contact using the iPhone, it will display full screen on an incoming call.

If you assign the picture to a contact using an external program (I.e. outlook on a computer), it will display as a small picture in the upper right on an incoming call.
That is correct. If you sync your iPhone contacts with Facebook, it will pull their profile photo and display then in the bubble.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008

If you assign the picture to a contact using an external program (I.e. outlook on a computer), it will display as a small picture in the upper right on an incoming call.
I like the small contact pictures when making/receiving calls, so I use the Contacts app on my Mac to add contact pics. This puts them at a smaller quality, thus the smaller look on the phone.

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
I sync my contacts with Gmail and I did not get the little contact pic. Since the phone is capable of displaying them both ways, this should be an option in settings. I am annoyed that I can not figure this out.....

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I sync my contacts with Gmail and I did not get the little contact pic. Since the phone is capable of displaying them both ways, this should be an option in settings. I am annoyed that I can not figure this out.....
When you go to your Gmail contacts on the web, do they already have profile photos?

TRBO VNM

Bronze
Oct 18, 2009
The pictures I have I took with the phone within the contacts edit feature. Just tried one and I only see the pic in the contacts, not when it is dialing or when the other person answers. I would think it should be as posted above in #12

radtechy

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
Though I answered that in post #5 ?
The way I usually do it is in iCloud I assign I picture from my PC or I take them from the camera roll and do it in the phone or download off Facebook to my camera roll and assign it. I suppose the last 2 are basically the same method

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk