Contact Search feature to be included in 2.0

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
According to Engadget, the Search feature will be at the top of the contacts page. I didn't realize there would be two different firmware version (enterprise and consumer?), but Engadget believes there will be.

I also like the fact there will be a number assigned to the calendar icon to show the number of meetings scheduled. This will be similar to the numbers on the mail and sms icons. And there's even an inbox to show the number of new meeting invites. Pretty cool IMHO!

Read the article here:

iPhone Contacts Search in 2.0

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Its a welcome addition and sounds believable to me

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
According to Engadget, the Search feature will be at the top of the contacts page. I didn't realize there would be two different firmware version (enterprise and consumer?), but Engadget believes there will be.

I also like the fact there will be a number assigned to the calendar icon to show the number of meetings scheduled. This will be similar to the numbers on the mail and sms icons. And there's even an inbox to show the number of new meeting invites. Pretty cool IMHO!

Read the article here:

iPhone Contacts Search in 2.0
Good find, ColsTiger. According to Engadget, the enterprise version will be locked out of the app store. Makes sense if you remember that corporations/agencies prefer to maintain tight control over firmware and software. Still looks good for the consumer. :)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Good find, ColsTiger. According to Engadget, the enterprise version will be locked out of the app store. Makes sense if you remember that corporations/agencies prefer to maintain tight control over firmware and software. Still looks good for the consumer. :)
I'm not crazy about that part, but I can understand it. Hopefully, there will be a workaround when the time comes.