contact sorting

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

pramod91

Nov 9, 2007
Hi all, I'm using Outlook 2007 and when i sync, the contacts i added on my iPhone show up as Last name, First name on outlook, all other contacts in outlook are First and then last name.
Its no big deal, i just change it in outlook and then do another sync and its all good. Just wanted to know if the iPhone added contacts can come into outlook like the way i want it.
cheers

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
hmm, not really, it displays Frist and Last but when i sync to outlook the newly added numbers show up as Last, First.
That is correct--and AFAIK there is no way to change that.

What's worse is that it doesn't just happen with newly-added contacts: it'll happen any time you edit a contact on the iPhone too (after syncing back to Outlook). And you don't even have to edit the name--anything you edit causes the name to change in outlook.

Worse yet is that the email "Display As" field in Outlook is changed too. So I not only have to fix the name, I have to fix the email "Display As" too--else email is sent like Smith, John--who the heck sends email like that?

--
Mike

pramod91

Nov 9, 2007
That is correct--and AFAIK there is no way to change that.

What's worse is that it doesn't just happen with newly-added contacts: it'll happen any time you edit a contact on the iPhone too (after syncing back to Outlook). And you don't even have to edit the name--anything you edit causes the name to change in outlook.

Worse yet is that the email "Display As" field in Outlook is changed too. So I not only have to fix the name, I have to fix the email "Display As" too--else email is sent like Smith, John--who the heck sends email like that?

--
Mike
I totally agree. I added a new phone number to an existing contact and when i did a sync it screwed up the name in outlook. I can see it getting really annoying if you are adding a lot of contacts or editing contacts on your iPhone.

apokrisis

May 17, 2009
On this thread - anyone know how to change contacts that are displaying in the iPhone as company name instead of Last, First or First, Last? When I synced with Outlook 2007 this happened to a bunch of my contacts.