Contact sync

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pakolainen, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Pakolainen

Pakolainen New Member

Hi,
    I had a 3GS but have recently bought the 4 (not S). I gave my 3GS to my wife. After emptying it of my mail accounts and contacts etc. but. I did not restore it to factory settings.

My 4 is setup as I require. But. My contacts were carried over from the 3GS but now I seem to have all my wife's contacts also. And even I delete them. They keep coming back.

What do I need to do to stop this.
    My wife doesn't sync her phone with iTunes. And quite frankly it's way too much phone for her.
    Mine is synced once a week.

Any help appreciated.

Steve

2. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot
    Gold

I'm still trying to figure out how you got her contacts to your phone if she doesn't use iTunes?

Did you let her start entering her contacts in the 3GS before you sync'd it for the last time previous to syncing your iPhone 4?

Are you using iCloud to sync everything together?

3. owieh

owieh Contributor
    Bronze

Yeah, it might have to do with you both being on the same iCloud account OR she entered her contacts and you synced it to your computer.

I suggest you check your computer's address book and see if your wife's contacts are there too. You might want to delete them there.

4. Chad Coelen

Chad Coelen New Member

I did the update from the iOS4 to the iOS5 through iCloud, I got my ex's number too but I got my moms pics, I did get all my numbers and lost ALL 1000+ pics n videos... Can't seem to find my pics/vids anywhere on the comp... And idea on where to look or get them back?

5. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot
    Gold

Before you upgraded to ios5 :

Were those pics you lost taken with the iPhone? If so you lost them if you hadn't sync'd them first.

Were they stored in the pictures folder on your laptop? If so then they should still be there and you can get them back to the iPhone with iTunes.

6. Pakolainen

Pakolainen New Member

Answer found. I set up the iCloud on the 3GS for my account and had forgot to turn it off. So it was syncing via that.
    Thanks.

7. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot
    Gold

Glad I could help.

8. Chad Coelen

Chad Coelen New Member

It said it was synced but not sure... All I know is I can't find then! But my moms phone and my ex's phone were done as well before mine, i got all my numbers and stuff but instead of getting my pics back I got my moms instead and I also got my ex's numbers added to my list... Kinda regretting doing the update

9. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot
    Gold

Do you have a different Apple account for your phone or are they all on the same account?

Did you restore from YOUR backup or one of theirs?

10. Chad Coelen

Chad Coelen New Member

From my backup but I got my moms pics and added numbers from my ex, all my pics n vids are gone

11. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot
    Gold

Do you have a different Apple account for your phone or are all your phones on the same account?

12. Chad Coelen

Chad Coelen New Member

No I have my own but used their laptop

13. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot
    Gold

There's the reason. In iTunes when you have selected to sync pictures it will do it from the Pictures Folder in THAT laptop. So in essense all you have to do is open iTunes and select the pictures from the folders where YOUR pictures are.

If the pictures you had were all taken with your iPhone and you hadn't transferred copies to the laptop then those pictures were lost when you did the update to the new software.

14. Chad Coelen

Chad Coelen New Member

Ok thx. I didn't do the update so I'm not sure but I'm Definitely going back to that laptop and worth a try to search.. I hope I have t lost them!

15. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot
    Gold

Let us know how it went.