Contact Synching

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

adamdm

Sep 18, 2007
When I sync with iTunes, do the contacts sync up as well? I am using Outlook, but I did a restore today and lost a good bit of info -- not so much individual contacts, per se...but differences in the way I had something listed in the phone vs. how it appears in Outlook when I restore and have to grab the information from there again.

I think I have answered my own question, but I just want to see if I am missing anything.

Thanks!

Adam.
adamdm@gmail.com

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
When I sync with iTunes, do the contacts sync up as well? I am using Outlook, but I did a restore today and lost a good bit of info -- not so much individual contacts, per se...but differences in the way I had something listed in the phone vs. how it appears in Outlook when I restore and have to grab the information from there again.

I think I have answered my own question, but I just want to see if I am missing anything.

Thanks!

Adam.
adamdm@gmail.com
You are not missing anything. If you set up your iTunes to sync your contacts in Outlook with your phone, then of course, your contacts do sync up as well. And yes, your correct that the contacts information (field names) do not match up perfectly. Nevertheless, the information DOES sync. Lastly, if you sync immediately prior to restoring, you should not lose any contact information whatsoever.