Contacts and Excel

waklee1

Apr 28, 2009
I am wondering if there is any way to upload to my 3g over 1000 contacts in an excel file. Any help would be great.
thanks

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
not that i'm aware of, i'm pretty proficient on excel however i have not explored the possibility of this yet.

dare i ask why you have over 1000 contacts stored in excel?

waklee1

Apr 28, 2009
I am a sales rep and have my territory broken down by area with contacts in each of the correct areas. I track not only their contact info but also last time i called on them, sales, etc. Is there any type of sales program that would do this?
thanks

mramay

Bronze
Apr 24, 2009
Las Vegas!
Do you want the Excel file in your iPhone or are you asking how to transfer them into the Contacts section of the iPhone?

I use Quickoffice to work with Excel files on the iPhone and it makes it easy to put the files on the phone. Croucher's suggestion on using Outlook and sync to Contacts on the phone is likely the easiest way to get them into Contacts.

waklee1

Apr 28, 2009
Thanks for the info. I am using a Macbook Pro so I don't have outlook, otherwise that would do the trick. I really just need the excel files, which I have via Mobile Me, on the phone in a format that is searchable. I can view and change them now, but I can't search for a specific name of a customer, and scrowling through 1000 people isn't convenient. Maybe when DOCs to Go comes out I will be able to do this, like i did when I had a blackberry.
Thanks

RS1001

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
Minneapolis
You can also try converting your excel file to a csv format and load that into Yahoo or Gmail account and sync to your contacts