Contacts App?

choffy21

Nov 28, 2008
Glendale, AZ
Why does there need to be a Contacts App on the Home Screen? If I need to find a Contact, I can just go to Phone > Contacts.

Waste of space. But that's not the point of this post. Is there a way to delete it? I seriously hate it. A full Home Screen bugs the **** outta me

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
This has been brought up before. It is annoying and there is no way to delete it. I just moved it to the last page on my screen.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I did the same. Perhaps if you want to save the one step of hitting the Phone app first it can be useful. Not for most I'm sure.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Why does there need to be a Contacts App on the Home Screen? If I need to find a Contact, I can just go to Phone > Contacts.

Waste of space. But that's not the point of this post. Is there a way to delete it? I seriously hate it. A full Home Screen bugs the **** outta me
You need to be jailbroken to hide it - you can delete it ;)

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Jailbreak your phone, get SBSettings, click More, go to Hide Applications, turn Contacts to Off. Or SSH into your phone and delete the Contacts.app directory.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
yeah, i kinda don't like it either, i don't even use the contacts button. if i want to call someone, usually i just go to phone>recent calls, most likely the person im trying to call ive talked to in the past few days.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
I usually use the contact icon rather then pushing the phone icon. Thats just BigCiX.

Ms Cola

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
www.marykay.com
It can be useful. If you are on the and need to update or add a new contact you do it from that app and continue to talk. I haven't been able to do that from the phone app

MR. HATTZ

Jan 31, 2009
BroNX, N.Y.
Smh, not that serious, just move it to your last page! I happen to use it often, maybe that's cause i add contacts often!