Contacts from old iPhone to new iPhone

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
I have 2 iPhones and I need to take the contacts from my old iPhone and transfer them to my new iPhone.

I tried using simPORT and iSim...but couldnt get anywhere.

Is there a way to do this? Can I sync to my pc with the old iPhone and then hook up the new one and be able to sync to it to implement my old iPhone contacts?

Thanks for any help in advance.

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
just sync your old iPhone to your computer using of course, iTunes. it'll backup your phone. then plug the new phone into iTunes and it'll ask if you want to restore from your backup. say yes and all will be transferred.

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
^^^ That doesn't work. The old iPhone is running 1.0.2 and the new iPhone has been upgraded to 1.1.4.

Also, I am using the same sim card.

I basically just want to transfer the contacts and SMS from the old to new.

Doing the method above does nothing. It does not allow me to restore to the old iPhone's backup...

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
is it a problem to upgrade your 1.0.2 phone to 1.1.4? if not, upgrade the SW on the 1.0.2 phone to the current SW version, then sync and backup the old phone and then do what i said above (sync the new phone to iTunes and it'll restore it). when you are using 2 different vers of SW, the iPhone won't take restores from an older version to a newer version.

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
yes, thats what I ended up doing. I was doing it for a friend and it was very important he didn't lose his contacts. I was a little hesitant about upgrading his 1.0.2, but went ahead and did it. Worked fine.

Having issues with the new 1.1.4 phone though...hopefully get those resolved in the morning...

Dec 17, 2007
I got 1.1.4 and unlocked/jailbroken...now I have all my contacts on my SIM, and want to get them onto the iPhone (for free obviously) how can I go about doing this?