Contacts from Outlook

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ProductProFresno

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
Hey all, I need your help. I am with a customer right now trying to sync his contacts, calendar and email from outlook. I can't for the life of me get it.
Can someone please call me and help me through the process? As soon as you can, I'll post when i've got it.
PLEASE don't abuse this information, but I really want to get this taken care of for my customer.
-Gene

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Is iTunes installed on the computer with Outlook he is trying to sync to? Or are you trying to "sync" over the air (via EDGE or Wi-Fi)?

T-HAN

Bronze
May 11, 2007
Try to put the contacts in yahoo, they put them on the phone. This is what worked for me finally...i think...:confused:

ProductProFresno

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
Is iTunes installed on the computer with Outlook he is trying to sync to? Or are you trying to "sync" over the air (via EDGE or Wi-Fi)?
No, its on the computer, and he has tons of contacts, but they wont sync. ive selected outlook but to no avail.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Have you consulted the manual? See page 7...

Last edited by a moderator:

babingha

Jun 30, 2007
I had the same problem. You need to switch from outlook to one of the other options for syncing--> Sync --> then sync back to Outlook--> Sync again and that fixed the problem for me. Hope this helps! Let me know.:laugh2:

76bronco

Jun 30, 2007
Mississippi
I had the same problem. You need to switch from outlook to one of the other options for syncing--> Sync --> then sync back to Outlook--> Sync again and that fixed the problem for me. Hope this helps! Let me know.:laugh2:
Can you be a tad more specific...Im having the problem of not being able to sync both my contacts from mac mail and my bookmarks from safari on a macbook pro...help please

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Can you be a tad more specific...Im having the problem of not being able to sync both my contacts from mac mail and my bookmarks from safari on a macbook pro...help please
Hello, I'm a Mac. And I'm a PC.

(he's on a PC. you're on a mac.)

I think you may need to enable Safari to sync to .mac first, but I'm not certain on the bookmark thing. See Safari prefs. iTunes should be able to sync your address book.

76bronco

Jun 30, 2007
Mississippi
Hello, I'm a Mac. And I'm a PC.

(he's on a PC. you're on a mac.)

I think you may need to enable Safari to sync to .mac first, but I'm not certain on the bookmark thing. See Safari prefs. iTunes should be able to sync your address book.
yes...I saw he was pc. I have tried everything but iTunes wont touch the contacts or bookmarks. I even signed up and synced a yahoo account to the mac mail and tried selecting yahoo...nothing. I really don't want to add 150 contacts info manually. I must be missing something. The music and video sync perfectly.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
yes...I saw he was pc. I have tried everything but iTunes wont touch the contacts or bookmarks. I even signed up and synced a yahoo account to the mac mail and tried selecting yahoo...nothing. I really don't want to add 150 contacts info manually. I must be missing something. The music and video sync perfectly.
Well, since you're talking about something not related to PC Outlook, perhaps it would be best for you to start a new thread. Most Mac guys go out of their way to avoid Outlook. ;) You might get better answers with a dedicated thread.