Contacts gone after Gmail sync

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Hi I am really pee'd off i just deleted the majority of my contact from both my mac address book and my gmail using the new gmail sync option available under mac address book preferences...don't ask because I don't know what happen. If I restore from a backup can I get my contacts back or are they gone for good?:mad:

I have also got my contacts on my ipod will that help. I just don't want to risk syncing my ipod just incase I loose them also

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I think a restore from backup will get your contacts back.
Or else, I would recommend downloading an iPod to PC transfer software and move your contacts from your ipod to your pc.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Hi and thanks Seb...I didn't want to do a restore if possible so I took a chance and this worked.

Opened my ipod (just put my contacts on there last week don't know why never did before) in disk mode>contacts folder>double clicked the iSync.vcf file (handn't a clue). Anyway this opened my mac address book with the message 'down you want to import 160 contacts'. If there was a button saying oh yeah the hell right I do, i would have pressed it but 'Yes' sufficed.

Needless to say I created a address book archive file. Then I synced with gmail and it went OK.:)