contacts help please!

saif94

Jan 10, 2009
hi. im going to be buying an iPhone 3g soon and i need some info regarding 'contacts'. when i transer my contacts to the iPhone do i HAVE to transfer them to my pc first then sync them to the iPhone? or is there any other way, such as entering manually? the reason i am asking is because i am going to be using my brother's laptop to transfer music etc, and do not want to save all of my contacts to his laptop.
any help is appreciated. thanks in advance
Saif

Tuf2bNo1

Jan 9, 2009
You can enter them manually. Depending what phone you have now you might be able to back them up with your service provider and retrieve them with your new phone. You might get the people at the phone store to do it also. Or back them up and your brother's computer and then delete them when you are done.
The world is your oyster.

saif94

Jan 10, 2009
Thanks. i have an lg viewty at the moment. if i entered them manually, will they disappear everytime i sync with iTunes?
saif

saif94

Jan 10, 2009
i live in the uk so we have o2 instead and i assume they could do it? so... do u have your contacts saved on your pc?
saif

Tuf2bNo1

Jan 9, 2009
I have always had the store do it for me before. For some reason when I got my 3G they couldn't it to work. I entered them manually and now iTunes backs them up.
It taked awhile to do it but you shouldn't have to do it again.
HTH.

saif94

Jan 10, 2009
Tanks, u guys helped a lot. i can't wait to get my iPhone 3g.