Contacts in iPhone

Jun 12, 2009
hello I've got a 3g iPhone that was originally syncd to my mac pro, however recently i had my computer stolen leaving my iPhone with all my pic/music and more importantly contacts still on. It's taken me a while to upload my pic's using memeo share (not great) but finally 500+ pics are up. However i'm not sure what to do about the contacts as i've a new laptop and want to sync back up but will this delete the contacts or is there a way to load the contacts back on the mac? Or as I'm afraid i may have to get the pen and paper out and write them all done. any suggestions pls? thanks

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Once you have the phone sync'd with iTunes on a computer, you can sync the contacts with a Gmail or Yahoo account. I recommend doing this on day one of getting an iPhone because then whatever happens, new computer, lost phone, stolen laptop, etc, those contacts are always safe in the Gmail/Yahoo account. But hindsight is always 20/20, and it's too late to do it that way.

Syncing it with the new computer now will wipe it so you want to make sure you get those contacts on the computer first.
This would work with Windows but I'm not sure about Mac. http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/how-do-i-take-phone-book-backup.41650/

Last edited by a moderator:

ashwini

Bronze
Jun 2, 2009
India
www.ashwini.co.in
Yep! syncing with gmail contacts is a great way to keep your contacts safe.... and its really cool how the push contacts work!