Contacts missing after update to OS 5.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by searea88, Jan 17, 2012.

1. searea88

searea88 New Member

I recently upgrades from 4.3.3 to 5.01 iPhone 4. My phone is jailbroke so I backed up SHH on tinyumbrella, downloaded all software to carry out upgrade while preserving the base band. I completed a backup on iTunes before starting. No problems with the upgrade. Installed cydia and run jailbreak program again, again all went well. I re-sync on iTunes and all my apps back on no problem. Only problem is now all my contacts, messages and note book has been wiped out. If I go to edit/preferences/device I see earlier backup. I do not have the option to restore from backup so I cannot use the earlier backup to restore contact.
    Is there a solution to this problem. Under summary window/version I do not have the option to check for update or restore. These buttons are not clickable.

2. Lunfai

Lunfai Member
    Bronze

Connect to a wifi or active 3G connection and just wait. It's because it's been synced in the iCloud and will reappear after its been re-synced. Don't worry, I had this same problem. Just open contacts leave the iPhone under active Internet connection for an hour and report back ^^.

3. searea88

searea88 New Member

Thanks for the comment. I believe that you have to open a iCloud account first. I backed up to my PC.

4. Lunfai

Lunfai Member
    Bronze

I didn't backup my contacts with iCloud either, but it came back for me.